You will know how to get flint in Minecraft the fastest way. You can use flint to make arrows or flint and steel so you can light another portal. You can also use the obtained flint to make a Minecraft flint farm.
How to Get Flint in Minecraft the Fastest Way
Here is the fastest way is to get flint in Minecraft. The way to get flint is by mining gravel. There is a 10% chance for flint to drop when mining a gravel block.
Your chances of getting flint increase when mining with a fortune enchanted tool.
- Fortune 1 is 14% chance of dropping flint.
- Fortune 2 is 25% chance of dropping flint.
- Fortune 3 has a 100% chance of dropping flint.
You’ve been mining and now you have a bunch of gravel stored up in your boxes. The best way to turn that gravel into flint is by grabbing some stone and making a structure.
Also Read: How to Whisper in Minecraft the Easiest Way
Once you’ve made this go ahead and put your gravel in your off-hand slot and pull out your shovel.
You’re going to press down both mouse buttons at the same time. In this way, you lay a block down and mine it at the exact same time.
If you were standing too far away from the structure this will not work. It was a stack up in front of you. So, get a little bit closer, and then it will work. It will keep mining the same block until you get a piece of Flint in Minecraft.
There is a difference when mining with a normal shovel versus a fortune level 3 enchanted shovel. If you lay down 6 blocks of gravel and mine it with a normal shovel, you might not get any Flint. The reason behind it is that there’s only a 10% chance for flint to travel when mining it with a non-enchanted tool.
Now if you lay down 6 more bricks and mine it with a shovel that’s enchanted with fortune level 3, you’ll notice that every single gravel block drops Flint.
How to Make Minecraft Flint Farm
Here, you will learn how you can make a simple flint farm in Minecraft. There are a couple of steps that you have to follow to make Minecraft flint farm.
- You can start with 6 long and 3 wide areas like a rectangle and the height could be 2.5 slabs.
- Place 1 chest and 5 hoppers as indicated in the video.
- Use boxes to make the boundary
- Add a furnace block to make it unbreakable.
- You can also add a roof but it is optional.
- If you’re feeling fancy, place a decorative flame with flint in the middle of it.
- Now, your flint farm is ready to help you mine your flint in the game.
How to Make Flint and Steel in Minecraft
I am going to show you how to make flint and steel. It is very useful. You can use it to light fires. There are following steps that your need to follow to get flint and steel.
- Get some flint as indicated above.
- After that, you need to find some iron. For that, you have to mine underground and you will find that.
- Then you need to construct a furnace. For that, find a crafting table to use for smelting the iron.
- Add some fuel to run the furnace. Now, hit E and open up your crafting inventory. Place the iron anywhere and then put the flint opposite to it. That’s how you can make flint and steel in Minecraft.