The Ford Mustang is one of the most iconic muscle cars ever built. The car has been in continuous production since the 1960s and has crossed several milestones along the way. It has been ingrained in the public memory and has made countless special appearances in movies and TV series all across the world. Custom-made Mustang Wheels have also been around for several decades, as the car was one of the first models to accept bespoke and aftermarket rims.
So, the challenge to modify the vehicle increases exponentially especially when there are so many imitators to the throne come 2022. Most modern muscle cars come with their own sets of aftermarket rims, like Vision Wheels, for instance, to stand out and appeal to a certain demographic.
Still, the Mustang’s image remains untarnished. Are you planning to give your favorite car a makeover, perhaps a few modifications?
Here are a few ideas that are guaranteed to turn heads.
Mustang modifications and the future
Without too much ado, let us dive straight in!
- Try out new custom rims: The market is flooded with high-quality aftermarket rims like Lexani Wheels. These rims are very attractive and are made from superb alloys. A set of custom rims will definitely add a bit more aggression and a bit more meanness to your Mustang, giving it an even better appearance.
Besides using good rims made from aluminum or magnesium alloys, you must also place great emphasis on the tires being used. These two go hand-in-hand. Always ensure that you are using quality tires from reputed manufacturers and which have adequate tread depths and patterns.
The Ford Mustang is a veritable beast- you can leave nothing to chance. More so in this case as you will be using custom Mustang Wheels.
- Give the headlamps a premium look: Have you noticed how adding DRLs drastically alter the look of a car, especially one that is as distinctive as a Mustang? You can choose to experiment using LEDs and DRLs. If you are planning to skip a visit to the garage, perhaps a set of strip LEDS will come in handy.
Using them is pretty easy. You merely need to stick them on the exterior of the lamps, and you are good to go. You can also opt for colored strips; they are rather edgy and attractive. Besides, you can use LEDs inside the vehicle too, placing it at strategic locations inside to ensure that the light reflects just a bit more than usual. Otherwise, it gets pretty distracting.
- Get the Mustang tuned more frequently: If you are heavily into customizing the Mustang, you would probably have to visit the retailers at least once or twice a year. Whenever you are at a store buying the latest Mustang Wheels, ask the service-retail center whether they also tune vehicles.
If the answer is yes, get the car tuned at least once a year. Tuning makes the Mustang perform better, able to accelerate faster, and will also reduce the amount of fuel used on average. Thus, you will get both performance and increased savings, something that is also the demand of the day.
As responsible citizens of the world, it is after all our duty to ensure our carbon footprints are minimal.
- Increase the horsepower a bit: Okay, we know that the Mustang is no child’s toy; the entry-level models start at 700 HP or slightly more. But if you are intent on having even more speed and increased engine capacity, you could consider investing in a supercharger.
There is no DIY procedure to install such a piece of equipment. The next time you are at your preferred retailer for a set of Vision Wheels, ask them to install a centrifugal supercharger. Alternatively, you can also opt for a root supercharger. Both of them work pretty well; they will increase the car’s performance by a magnitude while also keeping the overheating at bay.
It will also help you win a lot more racing competitions if you are into that sort of thing!
- Try out a lowered suspension: We started out listing ways to modify these fantastic cars, and lowering the suspension is a pretty good idea if you’re looking for a different type of look. Lowering the Mustang’s springs is not a very complicated or expensive operation; that said, you will still require the assistance of a qualified technician.
Lowering the suspension helps you turn corners with greater ease and control besides other feature additions
Remember to always buy a brand-new set of Mustang Wheels whenever you are looking for that bespoke look. Try to avoid unbranded rims even if they look attractive thanks to the lower price tags. Your Mustang deserves only the best, and so do you.