You risked it all, took a leap of faith, backed yourself – and et voila, you’ve struck big! It’s quite an incredible feeling when you win money after playing thrilling games at online casinos.
But before you start building sand-castles in the air about everything you’re going to splurge your prize money on, here’s a scenario for you to consider: what if the Online casino payments get held?
You’ll be surprised to know that this situation is not as uncommon as you think, and it has happened with quite a few people before.
And, that’s why, in this post, we will tell you everything you can do when a Casino Refuses to Pay, and how to withdraw your winnings from casino.
Table of Contents
Reasons Why Online Casinos Might Not Be Paying Out Your Money
When you land on the wrong end of such a situation, the first question on your mind is likely to be: How to get your winnings from online casinos? Before you start mulling over that, try to understand when and why an online casino refuses to pay:
1. The Casino’s Requirements Have Not Been Met
Every online casino operates with its own rules and regulations, which also apply to the wager requirements. Let’s say that the gambling site you used required you to deposit money three times.
Antanas Guoga or Tony G, a prominent figure in the casino industry suggests that it would help to double-check whether you’ve made the required deposits or not. If you find that you’ve missed a deposit, make the payment, and try to withdraw your winnings again.
2. The Casino is Absolute Bogus
Every instance of a gambling site not paying raises a red flag regarding their credibility – as it should. First, pay attention to how they deal with the matter. If you find them dilly-dallying a lot, it could indicate that they are not as authentic and legal as they seem.
Alternatively, it could be a classic case where the online casino deliberately stalls your payouts. If you know others (friends and acquaintances) who have betted at the same casino, enquire about their experience. If they have also had such unpleasant encounters, then you might have to take matters into your own hands.
3. There is a Documentation Hitch
When you place bets at a casino online, the administration never gets to meet you in person. Consequently, their payout policies might be extra stringent regarding the documents you have to produce in order to claim your winnings. This can include proof of identity, bank account details, etc.
At times, you might have missed out on sending certain documents. So, before you raise a complaint against the online casino, make sure that you have submitted all the documents requested from their side.
4. You Did Not Stick to the Withdrawal Limits
Generally, online casinos tend to impose a cap on the maximum amount a single player can withdraw. This cap can vary, depending on how much you’ve won and the payout method you have opted for. Here’s what you can do.
Revisit the casino’s guidelines, and look for the withdrawal limits in place. Cross-reference it with the amount you’ve requested, and confirm that it is well within the allowed limit.
If you find that it’s exceeding the withdrawal cap, you’ll have to put in a fresh request for a smaller amount.
How Can You Get Online Casinos to Pay Your Money?
Okay. You have met all the casino requirements, and you are pretty confident that the casino is not bogus. The documents you submitted were perfect, and the amount you requested to withdraw is well within the casino’s limits.
The question remains: How to get your winnings with fast withdrawal online casinos? Listed below are a few things you can do to withdraw the money:
- Back your case with solid proof. Document your conversations with the online casino’s personnel so that you can provide proof of their denial. You should also have other paperwork in order, like proof of the amount you won, proof of non-payment, etc.
- Take up the matter with the customer service. Scout for a customer service helpline for the online casino. Reach out to the people there, and explain your situation. There’s a chance that someone there might be of assistance.
- Seek help from the affiliated gambling authority. Find out which authority or commission the online casino in question falls under. Get in touch, and share your grievance with them. They are an official body, so they will take the necessary steps to resolve your issue.
- Opt for the legal route. If nothing else clicks, you might want to consider filing a complaint against the gambling site at a court or a licencing company. Remember to be cognizant of the jurisdiction the casino falls under and contact an attorney accordingly. That said, this is quite a cumbersome option, considering the time, effort, and resources it entails.
There’s another thing you can do – search for online gambling forums that are dedicated to helping people caught in non-payment tussles with casinos. You might find helpful resources there.
How to Avoid Online Casino Non-Payouts?
While nobody can guarantee that you won’t get involved in tight spots with casinos not paying out, here are a couple of tips to help you avoid such situations as much as possible:
- Before placing your bets, do proper homework on the online casino you’re eyeing. Make sure that they are legitimate. If possible, connect with others who have placed bets there before, and see what they have to say.
- You can use multiple online tools and websites to separate the fraudulent casinos from the reputed ones.
- When you zero in on a gambling site of your choice, familiarise yourself with their policies and guidelines, especially those concerning payments. It will prove to be useful in the long run.
- Trust your instincts. If your sixth sense has a reason to believe that something is afoot, you should side with your gut feeling.
And that’s that. This post was all about online casino payments and how to get your winnings from online casinos if they don’t seem to budge. We started by giving you a list of reasons commonly associated with non-payouts.
If you’re sure that you don’t fall under any of the categories, you can follow the steps we suggested to claim your winnings. Finally, we also gave you a few tips to help you avoid such sticky situations as much as possible.