With the advent of innovation and latest technologies, we can’t deny that most of us are connected to online via our smartphones, personal computers, laptops, and the likes. Did you know that the Internet is not “really” a safe place to hangout?
On the other hand, the Internet offers free, useful, and great materials for learning. It is also a good way to stay connected with family, friends, relatives, and loved ones, to make new friends, and to use for entertainment, but behind with all these wonderful and great benefits lie the high risks of being hacked, abused, and bullied online. By sharing this useful information you can draw more attention to your account. For guaranteed results buy tiktok likes.
So here, I will provide information on how to be SAFE online. Why is it important to stay safe online?
Table of Contents
HOW HACKERS AND SCAMMERS GET YOUR INFORMATION
First things first, we must be able to know the details on how hackers and scammers, why we are not SAFE.
Interestingly, SingleHop gave this reading material to share with my readers,
Scam or confidence trick is an attempt to defraud/trick a person or group after first gaining their confidence.
According to the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center, in 2013 alone, there are quarter of millions of complaints referring to Online Scam.
One-fifth of the victims were younger than 30 years old, which reasonably not the older people who fall for this kind of trick.
TIP: Analyze and study the company keenly.
Phishing is more similar to Online Scam, but it disguises with legit companies in the attempt to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details.
Phishing is an example of social engineering techniques used to deceive users.
This is an example of a phishing technique.
Note: If you try to examine its website, it displays facebook.cixx6.com, which ideally wants your email address and password.
TIP: Try to be observant with these websites. Look for its website name clearly.
Some People are just skilled yet used in bad ways.
Many people seem to be skilled in terms of hacking. Hacking requires great knowledge and skill to compromise sensitive information from its victim.
Though, there are many good hackers too. They usually shared their skills to a certain organization dealing with security. Some people are working to make antivirus too.
With that, security is really not 100% protected. So how to protect servers from hacking?
- Companies should have counter measure regarding security
- Update security patches if possible
- Implement security features or authentication to ensure great protection. Dedicated Servers embeds its security features to their dedicated servers at the physical access level from network, server, apps, and account levels.
- Monitor network performance
- Private networking
- Install Firewall
HOW TO STAY PROTECTED?
- Companies need to use and implement protected servers. Dedicated Servers already use this feature.
- Users advised to use two-factor authentication. Google and Facebook have its two-way factor authentication. One is for the username(email) and password, while the other one is a certain code that may be sent to either your phone number or email address. This kind of option will make it harder for hackers to gain access.
- Don’t be GULLIBLE. Try to be vigilant especially website names; Be extra careful with the numbers, letters, and spellings.
- Don’t give out your sensitive personal information.
- Don’t open emails with attachment if you don’t trust the sender. Try to be logical and critical too. Example, how can you win a lottery if you didn’t join?
- Don’t TRUST strangers online.
- Beware of the sites you visit.
The internet offers a lot of freedom, but sometimes it can lead people to be hacked, bullied, and abused online. I do believe that this information can help users to be protected and secured.
Additionally, I just hope this information is very useful to you.