If you’ve been having problems connecting to the Arlo app, you’re not alone. We will help you fix and troubleshoot Arlo camera issues with the Arlo app.
- First, you need to make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- If it’s not working, try reinstalling the app.
Table of Contents
Problems with the Arlo app
Sometimes the Arlo App is not responding correctly. If this happens, there are several things you can do to solve the problem.
- First, you should make sure that the application version is current. If it is updated, the Arlo app might respond incorrectly.
- Another possible reason for the app not responding is that you need to use the proper login credentials.
- If you are using a third-party service, check the status of that platform as well. Make sure that you read the error messages in the app.
- Another common problem with the Arlo app is that it loads poorly. It can be caused by various reasons, including an internet connection problem. If your internet connection is slow, the Arlo app might not be able to download. You may need help downloading the latest version if you have tried several times.
- If you cannot download the newest version, try restarting the app.
- You may have to reset the base station hard if the Arlo camera doesn’t connect to the Arlo app. This resets the device and gives it a “cold boot.” If you can’t access the reset button, you can press the power button on the base station.
- Press and hold the button for 10 seconds. After that, you should see the camera icon in your smartphone’s app.
Fixes for Arlo’s camera not connecting to the app
- If your Arlo camera needs to be connected to the app, you should update the app. It won’t take long and can solve the issue. However, it’s important to remember that the app relies on a good internet connection. You might need help connecting your camera if you can’t access the internet.
- An outdated mobile operating system is one of the most common reasons for an Arlo camera not connecting to the app. Consider upgrading to a newer operating system. The older your operating system is, the slower the performance will be, leading to app crashes. If you cannot upgrade your operating system, you can always use a different mobile device to access the Arlo app.
- Another common reason for an Arlo camera not connecting to the app is that the Arlo Base Station Setup has an issue. Ensure the base station is online and the camera is plugged into a power source. You can check by using the Arlo app if you are still determining whether your base station is online or offline. If the camera is online, it will feed video to the app but not provide video if it’s not connected. If your camera is offline, it will only show a single LED.
Requirements for a stable internet connection
The Arlo app will only work if you have a stable internet connection. Try restarting your router or modem. Sometimes this will solve the problem. If it doesn’t, you can contact Support for assistance.
It would be best if you had a high-speed internet connection to use Arlo. If your relationship is fast enough, you can stream video. You should have a minimum of 2Mbs of upload and download speeds to enjoy stable streaming.
Update the Latest App
If the latest version is too old, the Arlo app may crash. However, you can always use another mobile device to access the Arlo security unit. However, this might take some time and can be inconvenient.
Another reason the Arlo app might not work is its slow internet connection. In that case, restarting your WiFi router may help you fix the problem. However, if the problem persists, you should contact an expert to diagnose the problem.
Troubleshooting procedures for the Arlo app
If you have an Arlo Spotlight Camera and need help with your Arlo app, you may be experiencing poor performance. In this case, you may need to update the firmware for your camera. To do this, go to the app store dedicated to the Arlo camera.
If you are experiencing low battery life, you can manually reboot your Arlo camera by holding the reset button for about 10 seconds. You can also disable push notifications on your iOS or Android device by disabling the setting in the Arlo app.
First, make sure your camera is plugged in and powered. Also, check the distance between the base station and the camera. If the space is too large, this can cause your camera to go offline. If this does not help, reduce the distance between the two devices. Lastly, ensure that the camera is not near any metal objects. If you still have problems, contact Arlo Support to help you resolve the issue.