Property management software saves landlords so much time and money on completing their daily responsibilities.
With all the software options available to you, however, you may feel overwhelmed. Which one should you pull the trigger on?
Chances are you’ve come across both Innago and Hemlane, which are two of the most popular platforms in today’s market. But between the two, which is the superior option?
In this article, we’ll be covering the reasons you should choose Innogo over Hemlane for managing your properties.
Pricing is a fundamental part of your decision. You want a platform that gives you the best experience for the least amount of money.
Hemlane offers three different pricing plans:
- The Basic Plan – This plan costs $30 per month plus an additional $2 per unit, plus a $28 base fee. It includes most of your fundamental property management features like online rent collection, tenant screening, and digital lease management.
- The Essential Plan – This plan costs $40 per month plus an additional $12 per unit, plus a $28 base fee. It includes everything in the basic plan plus 24/7 repair coordination.
- The Complete Plan – This plan costs $60 per month plus an additional $32 per unit, plus a $28 base fee. This plan includes everything in the basic and essential plans, but it provides additional features like access to local leasing agents and maintenance professionals.
Innago’s pricing model is a lot simpler than Hemlane’s. With Innago, you have access to every feature for free, regardless of the number of units you manage. How can Innnago be free? Innago makes its money by charging tenants for three services. These are as follows:
- Rent Collection – When a tenant pays for a bill using ACH, they’re charged an additional $2 fee. When a tenant pays using a card, they’re charged an additional 2.75%. You can cover these charges as a landlord if you so desire.
- Tenant Screening – Applicants are charged $30 for a credit and criminal history report or $35 to include an eviction report.
- Renters Insurance – Tenants can buy individually priced renters insurance right from the platform.
In the Innago vs Hemlane pricing debate, Innago is the clear winner. Hemlane gets rather expensive, especially if you manage a lot of units.
Of course, pricing isn’t the only factor to consider. You want to make sure the platform you choose gives you the best experience possible when it comes to managing your properties.
Innnago and Hemlane both provide the core features of property management software. Some of these include:
- Online rent payments using ACH, credit cards, and debit cards with the option to turn on autopay
- Tenant screening tools such as a customizable application builder and credit, criminal, and eviction reports
- Digital leasing and e-signatures
- Listing syndication and marketing/advertising tools
- Automated reminders and tenant messaging tools
- Maintenance repair portal
- Financial tracking and reporting
With that being said, Innago earned higher ratings than Hemlane for all but 2 features on G2. On Capterra, Innago also scored higher than Hemlane for features in general. Overall, Innago excels more at the fundamental property management features while Hemlane excels more at agent-based features.
The most important feature that Hemlane is missing is a mobile app. So much of a landlord’s job these days is done on the go, and when you can’t complete any tasks on a mobile app on your phone, you’re restricted to managing your properties on a computer or struggling to do so on a phone browser. This is a huge drawback, and many reviewers on Capterra and other sites have expressed their frustrations with the lack of a mobile app.
Innago, on the other hand, has an easy-to-use mobile app that allows you to take care of your landlord responsibilities from anywhere.
If you’re on the fence between Innago and Hemlane, the decision should be an easy one. Hemlane is somewhat expensive for property management software, whereas you can’t beat Innago’s affordability.
Furthermore, Innago’s features have the slight edge over Hermlane, and the fact that Hemlane is missing a mobile app is definitely important to consider. If you want a high-quality platform at the cheapest (or better yet, completely free) price, look no further than Innago.