The healthcare industry is one of the fastest growing areas of software development. Advances in the digital world are benefiting healthcare by saving doctors time and improving the efficiency of monitoring patient health indicators, both privately and on an ongoing basis. The queues at clinics have become significantly smaller, which is important in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. The most important areas for the development of digital health are the following:.
- Data analysis. Effective analytics of large volumes of data provides quick and hassle-free access to the information necessary for timely treatment of the patient. Qualitative analysis allows you to predict the dosage of prescribed drugs, and the availability of statistical data on the success of the treatment of certain diseases allows you to create effective treatment courses that increase the chances of recovery at times.;
- 5G support. A high-speed connection is essential for effective feedback. This is especially important for patients suffering from severe disease forms that require constant care and communication with the attending physician. The 5G standard has long been supported by most private and public clinics in developed countries, and in developing countries it will soon become one of the main trends towards universal digital healthcare automation;
- Communication with patients is the key to effective treatment of diseases. Thanks to the most advanced telemedicine solutions, the trend towards increasing the efficiency of prescribing medicines and medical appointments has been positive for several years now. Telemedicine has significantly raised the level of digital medicine and continues to develop at a rapid pace, gradually reducing the burden on hospitals and allowing doctors to manage their time more efficiently;
- AI-based solutions. Many modern healthcare applications use advanced AI solutions to improve the efficiency of processing large amounts of information in a short time. Thanks to the latest advances in machine learning and artificial intelligence, the efficiency of working with patients has almost doubled;
- A relatively new technology that allows you to ensure the most efficient pace of data processing, while maintaining user privacy. This is extremely important in the healthcare field, where medical secrecy is one of the standards for establishing a trusting relationship between the patient and the doctor. Progressive cloud solutions allow for round-the-clock data exchange, and blockchain innovations guarantee 100% protection of medical history information.
Implementing new ideas
Before you start developing an application, you need to clearly define the framework – i.e. for which particular healthcare sector you will create a product. In 2023, the boundaries between different areas are clearly defined and have professional specifics:
- Doctor on request. Such applications have been on the software market for a long time and are a convenient and fast way to provide effective feedback between the patient and the doctor. Application functionality should include the ability to determine the current location of a specialist and a patient, compliance with standards for rapid exchange of information, and include the latest certificates for ensuring the confidentiality of user data;
- Online tricks. The main difference of the application is that patients can have appointments in real time, via telecom or live chat. Thanks to the effective exchange of information about the current disease, or the progress of chronic treatment, patients receive high-quality feedback from doctors. The recovery rate is growing exponentially, the effectiveness of a doctor’s consultation is also growing, which is to the benefit of both parties. Such applications must have high connection stability, which is not a problem for the latest software trends and developer tools;
- Reminder app. The main purpose of the application is very simple – the timer reminds users to take medications in the treatment of chronic diseases. Functionally, the application is complemented by dosage control and reporting to the attending physician. This feature can be an excellent addition to the full course of treatment for patients who cannot regularly visit a private or public clinic on their own;
- Applications for monitoring chronic diseases. Such applications have been on the software market for a long time and have experienced quite a lot of innovations in recent years. Dealing with chronic diseases takes up the lion’s share of physicians’ time, so optimizing the management of appointments with patients and other time-saving innovations for physicians will be a great addition to medical practice. On the part of patients, this is an excellent prospect to establish effective feedback with the attending physician, increasing the effectiveness of the treatment of symptoms and the disease in general, allowing them to live a full life;
- Fitness apps. Another type of application that has been seen on the virtual shelves of online software stores for decades. During this time, applications have acquired additional monitoring capabilities – for example, blood pressure and sleep rhythm, and also provide quick feedback to doctors, regularly sending reports and allowing you to control the condition of patients with chronic diseases. Progress in the world of fitness trackers is also noticeable – modern smartwatches require more and more functional software, so it is important to meet system requirements. Increasing productivity brings with it an expanding scope for health monitoring – this greatly increases the list of options for fitness and diet monitoring applications.
More information is available via the link – https://zenbit.tech/healthcare/ehr-development/. Follow up for more trends!