While it is quite easy to clean the non-stick cookware, buy the ones that actually meet your needs and cooking preferences. Not all non-stick pans can endure the excess heat above a certain level, intensive scraping and so on. Cookware in numerous sets of colours and features are sights to behold and utilize in smart cooking strategies. Impress your family, customers and friends with these technologically improving cookwares. Know about the best non-stick cookwares from the best non-stick cookware brands in India.
- Ceramic coated cookwares are toxin free with the improvement in their production technology. But too much scrubbing might lead to the erosion of the layer and excessive heating can reduce their life. When frequently used, they last from 2-4 years after which the quality deteriorates. And this might not be a long lasting choice. Yet health-wise they are just wonderful.
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) coated cookwares are the oldest ones in the field of non-stick technology. When excessively heated, the coating produces fumes that are hazardous to inhale and to cook in. Try to limit the temperature to 260 degrees. Though the limitation, it is widely used to coat the cookwares given its slippery nature that lets the food molecules slide on it, from settling down onto the base.
- Silicone coated cookwares are mainly used for baking. Their texture is flexible due to the rubbery nature of the coating. It can bear temperatures upto 300 degrees. Unlike the PTFE coating, these do not release harmful fumes. They are one of the safest non-stick cookwares you will come across and the only thing to make sure is to avoid the ones with plastic padding.
- Seasoned cast iron cookwares are the safest deals against the bare iron cookwares that cause the leaching of iron content into the food being cooked in them. The cast iron attains non-stick property, when oil applied on it is heated (265 degrees Celsius) in the oven or stove. Do this only after cleaning the cast iron properly and wiping it dry. Then you can smoothly cook your meal on the oiled cast iron.
- Enameled cast iron can cook at super hot temperatures such as 400-500 degrees and are the favourites of professional chefs. It is eco-friendly and has powdered glass melted and glued to its base. Being durable, tough and quality product, these are quite expensive than the other non-stick cookwares.
- Hard anodized aluminium coating has a layer of aluminium oxide to endure high temperatures. The raw aluminium does not meddle with your food but scraping and scratching should be minimal to not disturb the heated coating your food gets ready on.
All except the PTFE are safe for cooking at higher temperatures with strokes from the spatula. Their sets even contain their lids and come along with the spatula which in turn may be coated with non-stick materials. Even with the best non-stick cookware it is recommended to use wooden or rubber spatulas that are gentle to the coatings listed here. From the best non-stick cookware brands, look for the cookwares that offer you the safest deals that enhance your cooking skills.