It is difficult to imagine a modern home without well-equipped artificial lighting. The comfortable pastime in the room, the possible functionality of the target zones, the work area, etc. directly depends on it. In view of the spread of modern technologies, LED bulbs are increasingly used to decorate lighting in a room. That is why many ordinary people are wondering how to organize LED lighting in an apartment and how does it stand out from other types of lighting fixtures.
Much interest in LED luminaires has arisen due to their good performance. They can produce a fairly wide range of color spectrum from cold to warm. In addition, the variety of shapes and design forms of LED lighting devices makes it possible to choose the right model for almost any interior style. Just like smart led light strip is popular for apartment décor. The fixing methods allow for relatively easy installation on ceilings, furniture, etc., and other advantages and disadvantages are worth considering.
Advantages and disadvantages of LED lighting
The benefits of LED lighting include:
- High performance – the efficiency of LED devices for an apartment is about 90 – 95%, which is incomparably higher than that of other types of lamps;
- Service life – has the longest service life before MTBF;
- It is not afraid of mechanical damage – if the bulb or body is damaged, it does not lose its functionality, it will continue to shine even with the cap removed;
- It has a stable and high-quality luminous flux – it has a more beneficial effect on the organs of vision, does not cause fatigue;
- Very low heat generation during operation – does not cause heating of surrounding objects, much less fire hazard.
- Does not contain mercury, unlike fluorescent lamps.
LED lighting has one significant drawback – the high cost of the devices. Of course, on the market you can find more budget options, but the quality of such lamps leaves much to be desired.
Types of LED lighting for apartments
In addition to the basic dimensional and physical data, LED lighting of an apartment can be used to solve various problems, which determine the type, purpose and location of the lamps.
Read more: slot demo
By type, LED lighting is divided into the following categories:
- The main oneis designed to ensure sufficient visibility over the entire area, it is located in the center of the room or in some specific area, if you need to illuminate the work area.
- Diffused lighting– sets the light background in the room, does not need a lot of power, the main thing is to provide comfort during rest or doing any activity.
- Decorative lighting – LED lighting for decorating details in interior design, practically does not give enough light for visibility, but allows you to create interesting effects, sometimes used as a night light.
- Accent lighting– designed to draw attention to a specific object, it is the illumination of furniture, paintings, contours of the floor, ceiling. This contour lighting provides virtually no light and does not improve visibility in any way.
Types of lamps and their lifespan
Which led lighting option do you use to replace your old incandescent light bulb. Today this is not one option, so let’s take a closer look at how LED lighting can be implemented in an apartment:
- By the shape of the lamp – there are pear-shaped, candle-shaped, flat, truncated, mushroom-shaped and other options.
- By the presence of a cooling radiator.
- According to the spectrum of the emitted luminous flux – there are warm glow, cold, neutral and other shades.
- By the type of base – the most common bases E and G in everyday life, which in turn are also subdivided according to the diameter or distance between the contacts
- By type of diodes and place of installation – some options are intended only for indoor lighting, others for outdoor (LED spotlights, floor lamps, etc.)
In terms of service life, lighting devices with medium and high-quality LEDs are distinguished. The first option, as a rule, is designed for 50 thousand hours of work, the second, for 100 thousand hours. There are also low-quality LEDs, but the lifespan of lamps based on them cannot be predicted due to the large spread, which is quite difficult to influence.
In practice, the service life also largely depends on the quality of electrical energy – due to voltage surges, deviations from nominal modes, LED lighting devices fail much more often. You should always go for reliable brands like Lepro.com for quality LED lighting.
Choice of lighting fixtures
To implement the above types of LED lighting in your apartment, you will need to use the appropriate types of devices. For interior decoration, you can use not only lamps, but also more modern options, in order to better understand each of them, we will consider each option in detail.
Structurally, led strips are a dispersed matrix of LEDs, which is mounted on a flexible dielectric base. All legs of the LED units are connected in parallel by means of a flexible copper bus located in the tape. On the reverse side, the LED strip has an adhesive base made of double tape, which allows you to fix it around the perimeter of the room, along the contour of the interior elements. Recently, it has been especially popular for lighting false ceilings.
A chandelier with LED light sources is distinguished by a rather large design freedom in design, since neither the shape nor the dimensions are limited by the physical parameters of the lamp, which should be placed in it. Today, LED chandeliers have a fairly good luminous flux compared to low power consumption. You can choose both classic models and modern, flat shapes with point light sources or with LED strip instead of lamps.
LED panels are a flat matrix of LEDs that are assembled into a square or rectangular shape. Most often, such luminaires are mounted in the ceiling or ceiling structures for powerful uniform illumination. They can be equipped with a case or without it, they are conveniently located in places with a lack of space, since they themselves do not take up much space.