If you wish someone on their birthday, let me tell you, you make their day. After all, who does not like to receive a lot of birthday wishes on that day? But sometimes, an unintentional mistake while wishing someone on their birthday can be a turn-off too.
This article tells you how not to wish someone on their birthday. I will tell you about the common birthday wishes mistakes and how you can avoid them. So read the full article if you want to ensure that you do avoid these mistakes henceforth while wishing someone.
In this era of technology, innovations, and social media, we will have to admit the fact that human connections are decreasing. We might have loads of people whom we call friends in the virtual world. But in reality, only a few of them are your real and close friends.
It is very easy to know someone’s birthday in the times we live in now. You can get a notification on Facebook, or you can see someone’s status on their Instagram or WhatsApp with their birthday cakes, or some of their friends wishing them, by posting a picture with them on their statuses.
What exactly I want to say here is that it is very unlikely that you can miss someone’s birthday in this digital world. You also feel guilty for not wishing someone even after viewing their birthday status or a reminder on Facebook.
So, let me make it a bit easier for you and help you to make a great birthday wish. Let’s know how to wish and what mistakes to avoid in different conditions.
When the person is your Best Friend
If the person is your Best friend, it is you who knows the best way to wish them. Make sure that you wish them at midnight with a sweet wish; you can even video call them at midnight. You can also post a picture with them on social media or do anything special for them.
When the person is a close friend
If the person is a close friend of yours, it is ideal for you to wish them at midnight. This way, they too will feel special. If at all, you cannot wish them at midnight, make sure to wish them in the morning as soon as you are up from bed. A delayed wish from close friends does not sound nice.
If you are not comfortable doing a video call, at least have a voice call with them. Voice calls can be done even in the evening or at the end of the day. You can wish them again on a voice call, and ask them how their day was.
It is advisable that you do not avoid calling your friend. Birthday wishes on call have more warmth and love. If the other person does not receive your call or is busy, it is a different case.
Find out some amazing birthday wishes ideas at birthday-wishes.net for your close friend from this link.
When the person is not a close friend
If the person is not that close friend, you can simply text them and wish them well. You can wish them a long and healthy life full of love and success. Do not go overboard with the wish. It sometimes sounds very cheesy, receiving long birthday texts from people not so close.
When the person is a virtual friend
This can be in the case of mutual friends when you haven’t met them or had a conversation with them ever. In such cases, you do not need to think much about how to wish them. You can simply text them a “Happy Birthday” with a smiley emoji.
Now here are some common mistakes to avoid:
- Make sure that you do not mention the age if you are not sure about it. For example, do not text – Happy 21st birthday. You can do this only when you are sure about their age and to close friends only. Imagine you wish someone, and the first thing they reply to is their correct age. Also, some people are not comfortable when it comes to age, so it is better if you avoid it.
- You should add emojis while making a birthday wish. As it is said, emojis add emotions to your text. A birthday wish without emojis will look dull. Add emojis of love, smiley, or something similar while making a birthday wish.
- If you decide to call someone while making a birthday wish, and they do not receive it, do not call them over and over again, until they are very close to you. They might be partying or enjoying themselves and it can get irritating to see so many missed calls.
- Make sure that your wish is short, simple and sweet. Do not write long paragraphs or do not try to make your wish a showcase of your vocabulary. Imagine someone getting bored while reading your wish. And if you use heavy words, they will need to Google the meaning of the word first to understand what they mean.
- If you upload any picture on social media, be it on the feed or on a story, ensure that it is a good picture. People might like to reshare your post or status on their profile. But, if you post a bad picture of them, they obviously won’t. Also, who likes to get their bad picture uploaded on social media.
So keep in mind these points, while making a birthday wish. You might think, what’s a big deal in wishing someone, and why to think about so many things while wishing. But, sometimes these small things do matter. No one is obviously going to come and tell you on your face if you make these mistakes. But, isn’t it better to avoid them?
Also, to help you more, here are some short and sweet birthday wishes that you can use:
- Hey (name). Happy Birthday. Loads of love and wishes to you. Enjoy your day.
- Happy Birthday. May you have a year as amazing as you. Loads of love and wishes to you.
- Happy Birthday to you. I wish all your dreams come true. Have a wonderful and long life.
- Happy Birthday. Wishing you abundance in everything. Have a Blast on your day.
- Happy Birthday. I wish you great health and loads of success in your life. Hope you have a great day.
So, this was all about this article. I hope you found this article helpful.