The industry for selling used vehicles is really vivid. In the first place, people are looking for a way to save some money when they acquire a car. However, some need to urgently sell a vehicle. And there is the third party — professional vendors. Their main task is to buy as cheap as possible and to sell as expensively as possible. Unfortunately, some of them are unscrupulous vendors who resort to various tricks to make as much money as they can.
And all this has led to the fact that a lot of buyers have been cheated. Having bought a car, they find out that it is a pig in a poke. It has been severely damaged in a car accident or even stolen. And FaxVIN reports are intended to provide potential buyers with a car history by its VIN.
How Does This Work?
Regardless of a chosen service or software, the principle of their work is usually the same. There is a certain volume of information that can be provided for free, while there are data that will be accessible only for a fee. And the most essential here is that the more information you can get from a vehicle history — the better it is. From a full, hence paid, report, a potential car owner will get to know:
- A brief overview of car information: Is the car stolen? Was the car damaged? Was the car used as a taxi?
- Revealed facts: Actual country of manufacture; place of registration; inspection; detected damage; theft.
- The list of all the owners.
- The place of vehicle registration.
- Mileage records.
- The list of service works and maintenance recommendations that have been completed.
- Damages during accidents.
- Complete list of original equipment, which was included in the factory configuration.
- Checklist: The location of all VINs on the car body.
As you can see, the report is quite detailed. And the most essential information in it is the works that have been done during routine maintenance and repairs after accidents. An inexperienced driver will even need help from a specialist to understand the real state of a vehicle based on the data from such a report.
Double-checking Is Cheaper
It does not matter if you are buying a low-cost vehicle or a more modern one, the cost of repair works will not please you at all. Therefore, it is worth paying for carrying out a VIN check and even hiring a specialist with service experience at one of the car stations. Only in this way will you be able to find out whether a vehicle costs the price tag, whether a vendor is trying to cheat you, and whether you are not going to buy a pig in a poke.