It is exciting buying a new Amazon firestick. All movies and TV shows available on Amazon are accessible through this firestick, as well as streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Now.
To help you get the hang of it, here´s the ultimate guide on how to set up your firestick right.
Table of Contents
Check for Updates
Since Amazon aims to find and think of new ways to improve its technology, it is significant to check for updates regularly.
Updates are important to ensure that security vulnerabilities and bugs are fixed. In addition, it provides the latest list of TV shows, movies, and features that are not available in the previous one. So, the first thing you do before and after you purchase the firestick is to check whether its firmware and software are updated.
Check What´s in the Box
It is important to check if you have received complete and quality-approved items of the package, so you will be able to report any defective or missing items as soon as possible. The Amazon Firestick package includes the following items.
- The Amazon Fire TV stick
- Alexa Voice Remote control
- Power adapter for Fire Stick
- Two AAA Amazon Basics batteries for the remote control
- A high speed HDMI extender cable
- Manual Booklet
Alongside these items, you should have a wireless connection since Amazon firestick does not have a wired ethernet port. Your connection should be at least 4mbps to stream 720p HD videos and 8mbps to stream 1080p videos.
Additionally, you need to have a TV or monitor that has an HDMI port and an Amazon account to get you started.
Setting Up the Firestick
Now everything is set, your first step is as easy as A, B, C. Start by connecting the firestick to the power adapter and TV. Then, navigate to the appropriate HDMI port using your TV’s remote. If you don’t have enough budget to purchase a TV with an HDMI port, you may try to look for an HDMI splitter.
Once HDMI is set and ready, follow this step-by-step guide to finish the setup process.
Step 1: Pair the Alexa Remote with the Firestick. Within a distance of five meters, press and hold the home button of Alexa Remote for ten seconds, and wait until the Firestick finds the connection. Once it is paired successfully, you’ll be able to see on the screen the Fire TV stick logo name.
Step 2: Choose your language. The next pop-up will be asking you to choose your preferred language. On your Alexa Remote, just click the Up and Down button to explore the listing.
Step 3: Connect to your Wireless Connection. The next screen will show you the list of connections available. Choose your preferred one and enter the password.
Step 4: Register your Amazon Account. After connecting to your wireless connection, the next screen will be giving you two choices: Register using your Amazon account or Create an Amazon Account.
After Step Four, there are various optional settings that Amazon Firestick would introduce you to. You could either set this up later or choose not to. The last pop-up will be asking you to choose your ideal quality of the video.
Firestick apps are made available in the Amazon App Store. Aside from streaming services apps, Amazon went beyond the limit. They added different applications like games, lifestyle, meditation, and many more to explore. Yet it doesn’t stop there since Amazon always updates its app store to ensure that its customers will have something to try out.
However, if you are a new customer of Amazon, you are probably lost where to start.
So, to give you an idea, here is the Amazon Firestick apps list from cordcutters.
- IPVanish VPN: This app will ensure that no one can monitor your browsing activities even your country’s government. Also, it will allow you to stream movies and tv shows that have no license in your country.
- Pluto TV: This app will allow you to watch live movies, news, sports, and other content for free. Alongside Pluto Tv, there is Plex, Xumo, Peacock TV, Tubi, Sony Crackle, Netflix, HBO Now, and other streaming services that you want to try out. They are offering both free and paid subscriptions so you can enjoy millions of shows worldwide.
- VIPRE Antivirus: It is important to download antivirus applications since malware viruses are improving too. They are much harder to distinguish using our own judgments. That is why antivirus applications like VIPRE Antivirus are made available for Firestick on Amazon App Store.
- Firefox: This app is also available for Firestick on Amazon App Store so that you can enjoy surfing the web whatever monitor or TV you are using.
Although these are the only apps listed above, it does not mean that these are the only available application. In fact, there are hundreds of applications to explore, and for sure there would be more. This Amazon Firestick apps list is just your starting point so that you’ll get a hint where to start.
Features to Try
Aside from streaming movies and tv shows, there are many features to enjoy using Amazon Firestick. It is not a surprise that Amazon explores different features to incorporate with its Firestick since they are one of the biggest innovators in the world.
In a nutshell, here are the features you don’t want to miss:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Voice Control
- X-Ray Feature
- Games & Audiobooks
- Amazon Echo
- Bluetooth Headphones
- Parental Control
Amazon always aims for innovation and Firestick embodies it. There is so much to enjoy aside from streaming since it gives you an extended catalog of applications to integrate. It supports you from entertainment to wellness. Lastly, there are endless updates of features and opportunities that would support your ideal setup. Hopefully this guide has been of help. Enjoy your new Firestick and have fun