The H1B visa is a US work visa that enables employers to recruit non-immigrants with bachelor’s degrees and other college certificate equivalents. Currently, there are over 85,000 application spaces available every year, and the US government reserves about 25% of these for employment seekers who study at American universities.
The US government has developed three categories of H1B visa processing times.
- H1B regular processing time
- H1B premium processing time
- H1B expedited processing time
Out of these three, the H1B premium processing time is the most sought after by employers who do not want to wait for the regular processing time. It only takes 15 days after the submission while the regular processing time of the H1B visa might take between 1 and 6 months. The expedited processing time is even faster than the H1B premium processing time, but it is only done in special cases by the USCIS.
Table of Contents
H1B Premium Processing Time Explained
As mentioned, the H1B premium processing time is only 15 days from the day of application submission. The USCIS will refund the money if the petition is not completed within that time. However, this does not typically happen because the government guarantees this and the department is very efficient.
For you to enjoy the H1B premium processing time, you will need to pay an additional amount of $1,225 on top of the regular $1,225 making a total of $ 2,500 and fill out the I-907 form. Using this option has numerous benefits for American employers and employees.
H1B Premium Processing Time Information
Both employers and employees seeking the H1B premium processing time instead of the regular processing time can gather the latest information on the requirements from various sources. Here are the most legitimate sources to check before making any application.
- Government websites – These are the most authoritative sources for any government information. You can always browse them on search engines and check the current information. They give straight guidelines and processes on all the requirements and steps for various visas.
- Information portals – If you are an alumnus of American schools or a member of an international student organization, you can use helpful portals to find the latest H1B premium processing time and other information. You can check that easily because there are numerous student portals.
- Social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms are great information hubs these days. All you need is to know the official pages and handles for government departments or follow bloggers who share legitimate information. You will quickly get the H1B premium processing time and all other visa information that you need.
Reasons to Apply for H1B Premium Processing Time
Time is precious, and everyone is looking for convenience by saving as much time as possible. Whether you are an employer or an employee who is in a hurry to get a visa, the H1B premium processing time takes two weeks only and saves you months of waiting. It is a great option to respond to an emergency as well for employers who need a labor force on site within a short time.
Additionally, there are many other benefits attached to the short time it takes to process this visa. Although you pay double for H1B premium processing time, you will enjoy the benefits. Now that you know more about this visa processing time, it is time to make the right decision.