As data becomes the most precious asset of modern businesses, protecting and backing up production data becomes a key obligation for firms.
So, in terms of enterprises, what does “enterprise backup” imply? What were the most common causes of business disruption in the preceding two years? What are the most crucial factors to consider while looking for a new “business backup” solution for your company? What motivates businesses to upgrade their backup systems? What backup alternatives will businesses prefer in the future, given the rise of extortion viruses and network attacks?
Enterprise users have clear expectations: first, improve recovery point objectives (RPO) / recovery time goals (RTO) SLAs, then reliability and backup success rate. It demonstrates that everyone’s safety is a key priority.” According to Dave Russell, “The third and fourth things, ranked third and fourth, are evaluated financially. It demonstrates that consumers want to shift from a capital expenditure model to an operational expenditure one in order to improve their return on investment and total cost of ownership.
As can be seen, data backup is no longer a distinct issue in 2022, but rather a critical component of business operations.
What is the frequency with which the organization secures data between critical and non-critical applications? Vinchin discovered that the difference between high priority and ordinary applications is narrowing based on survey data from the previous five years. In a nutshell, every piece of data is critical to organizations.
What is the cause of data loss? What creates a hiccup in the first place? In the previous two years, Vinchin has investigated the most influential network security elements. Infrastructure / network outages; Application outages; Server hardware outages; Operation software outages; Public cloud resource outages; Storage hardware outages; Administrator configuration errors; Malicious (administrator / user) outages The reasons of data center outages are broad and complex, as can be observed.
Is the company solely reliant on local backup technologies to backup for virtual machines, or does it also rely on cloud services as a backup solution? Vinchin revealed in “cloud driven data protection” that the proportion of businesses using local backup methods is declining while the proportion of businesses utilizing cloud services is increasing, showing a clear shift in direction and trend.
Unfortunately, according to the results of a network security survey, 70% of businesses have encountered two or more blackmail malware assaults in the last year. Only roughly 64% of data can be recovered on average after a network attack, suggesting that the organization has lost the remaining 36% of the data. To put it another way, the organization will lose around one-third of its data for every attack.
However, many firms discover that they cannot recover data even if they pay after being infected by a blackmail virus, and they realize that backup is their last line of defense. Vinchin can currently provide consumers with the last line of security against the blackmail virus. Vinchin also plans to work with an ecosystem to perform some customized and focused development with third parties based on different sectors, regulatory restrictions, and actual user situations, so that our solutions may better meet the demands of users in various industries.
Most businesses consider oVirt backup solutions to be nothing more than insurance in the event of a disaster. Today, we must always approach it as a strategic asset. A growing percentage of ransomware assaults target backup data in businesses. Vinchin’s data backup and recovery solution is the last line of defense for businesses looking to increase their data security.
Vinchin Backup & Recovery offers a number of disaster recovery (DR) solutions that may be used in a range of situations to ensure that critical data is fully protected against a variety of threats. It supports virtual environments such as VMware, XenServer/XCP-ng, Hyper-V, RHV/oVirt, OpenStack, Sangfor HCI, Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager, and Huawei FusionCompute (Xen Based). Many new features have been added to Vinchin Backup & Recovery v6.5, including oVirt backup for MSPs, Cross-Platform Recovery (V2V), Database Backup & Recovery, Backup Data Encryption & Backup Storage Protection, and more.