Official sources say that video games are the most popular form of entertainment worldwide. Remarkably, the industry has overtaken television in 2018 and now generates more than £120 billion a year. The biggest gaming markets are the US and China. However, new developer companies are constantly growing in different parts of the world. Importantly, games are a big part of how people can interact around the world and take part in competitions. If you compare the amount of attention, classic sports rival esport in China and Korea.
List of Best Cities
So here are the biggest draws for fans of videogames:
- The most extraordinary discoveries await you here. Taste the world’s best food and admire the beautiful scenery. However, Japan is one of the targets of gamers. This country has introduced characters like Sonic, Mario and Pokemon to the world. Here, ancient history and popular culture are perfectly combined with ultra-modern life. Just think, every year more than 30 million tourists visit Japan and for them, Tokyo is the biggest tourist attraction
- Ho Chi Minh. Videogames are a fairly popular form of entertainment and the biggest demand for games in Vietnam. In Ho Chi Minh, gaming is still considered more as entertainment than something serious in the form of cybersports. Thanks to the technology boom and the plethora of cyber clubs, more and more people in Vietnam are trying to make their own careers in esport. Clubs are popular because computer hardware is quite expensive in Vietnam9
- Another city in South Korea claims to be the most addicted to games since the advent of LAN centres and MMORPGs. At the moment, the city is the venue for cybersports competitions. The National Olympic Committee of South Korea has representatives of the Korean eSports Association. This eSports association has its own channel on state television. Koreans are more inclined to competitive games that attract the most attention from around the world
- Economic hardship is not a problem for the city as long as cyber clubs exist. Based on the latest data, Bangkok will roll out a 5G network. According to many experts, this will lead to an increase in the number of gamers. There are at least 27 million gamers in Thailand with a population of 69 million. It is estimated that the esports market will be worth 27 billion baht. This, in turn, will lead to industry growth of 15%
- This Chinese city is one of the most popular in terms of the number of gamers. There are at least 5,000 esport teams in China alone. However, there are some bills that impose restrictions to combat gaming addiction. Esport in China is found alongside traditional sports and there are special schools where young talents are trained. Note that Shanghai draws large stadiums when esports tournaments are held. And in China itself there are more than 400 million video game fans
You now know which countries are the biggest according to this rating. However, are there enough cyber clubs in these countries? Let’s try to answer that question.
Largest number of cyber clubs in these cities
You can see from the statistics you saw above that there are a huge number of cyber clubs in these cities. You don’t even have to use a navigation device or a map to find a place to play. Cyber clubs are everywhere. Many of them offer advanced versions of technical equipment, fast internet and related services. Thanks to the pandemic, many players are going online and sitting at home. As a consequence, the market for online services and the new 5G technology is more relevant than ever.