Online casinos have become very popular in Canada for the past few years and it doesn’t seem this will change in the near future. So, here is everything you need to know about online casino sites in Canada.
#1 Sign up process
Unlike regular casinos, online casinos involve more than just your driver’s license or passport. The reason is very straightforward, because in online casinos, there is no reception desk or security guards. So, what would happen is that you (the player) would have to declare their personal information and verify your account. This process will, inevitably, involve your private information, so be extra cautious with it.
However, this sign up process is different from site to site, so make sure to check their terms and conditions before signing up. Moreover, on some sites, you could play the games without having to sign up. We will discuss more about this in the blog as we go.
#2 Site credibility
We all know credibility is very important, especially when you are going to provide personal information and invest money as it is the case with online casinos. Therefore, it is crucial to find a reliable casino site. Below are a few key points that you need to look at when verifying a site’s credibility. Alternatively, you can check Roulettesites.org’s recommendations for some great Canadian online casinos.
- Avoid signing up with websites that have lots of grammar, spelling and syntax errors. Usually, that is the first sign of knowing if a site is legitimate.
- Be cautious with websites that offer abnormal bonuses. Let’s think about this, after all, they are a business, and profit is still what they are looking for.
- Check out to see if your online casino is licensed, and which regulation gave them the license, and check if that piece of information can be trusted.
#3 Payout rate
We would love to talk about the concept of casino payout rate.This rate is one of the most important factors to indicate which is the best payout online casinos in Canada. To put this in simple terms, this payout rate will indicate which online casino is the better one. To learn more about how the payout rate are determined and which casino has the best payout rates in Canada, click on this link.
Also, you could find this piece of information from the regulators of that online casino as well
#4 Bonuses and benefits
Third, we would love to talk about bonuses online casinos provide that traditional casinos do not offer. The most common bonuses are welcome bonuses and extra spins. These bonuses will appear right when you first enter the site, as a way to welcome you to their website. Another type of bonus/benefit, which is also popular, is the loyalty or VIP program. Depending on which casino you sign up with, there will be different benefits for each of them.
Now, let we give you some facts about bonuses in Canada:
- Bonuses are mostly targeted players who play slot and bingo. The reason is simple: because the games are more risky and more likely for you to lose the money
- When you receive a bonus, it would usually be followed by a condition (in the terms and conditions part). Usually, this condition will be a “wagering requirements”. Wagering requirement means that after you receive your bonus, you will have to wager 30-40 times (vary from one casino to the others) the amount of bonus you receive, in order to withdraw your money. In simple terms, if you receive a bonus of 100$ and the wagering requirement is 30x then you have to wager 3000$ in order to withdraw your money. Also, not all the games on the website is contributed to your wagering, so be careful with bonuses
As you can see, they have 35x wagering, meaning that you have to make a wager 35 times your bonus, in order to withdraw.
#5 Deactivating your account
Let’s be honest, there will be times when you do not have time for your casino anymore, or maybe due to problem gambling you need to shut down your account, we are here to help. We would be glad to tell you that this process is actually very simple. All you have to do is get in your personal account setting, click on “remove your account” (usually at the bottom of that page) and you are done. Just be mindful that to recreate an account, or create a new account could be a bit painful, so take your time to think about it, before deactivating your account.