Skin bio remodelling is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that quickly became popular amongst Melbourne residents. The procedure targets the problem areas on your face and neck to accelerate collagen production and restore your skin’s youthfulness.
For the procedure, experts use various techniques to improve the appearance and health of your skin. But the bottom line of the treatment procedure remains the same— to stimulate collagen production and help reduce skin concerns like wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of ageing.
Now, after getting the procedure, it is only natural that you will want to ensure that you get the best possible results and maintain them for a long time. So, it is essential that you follow a strict skincare regime after you’ve completed your bio remodelling procedure at a Melbourne beauty clinic.
In today’s blog, we will discuss the importance of skincare, the recommended skincare regime and everything you need to know about post-bio remodelling skincare.
Table of Contents
Importance of a Skincare Regimen Post-Treatment
Bio remodelling experts in Melbourne state that post-treatment, your skin is vulnerable. Hence, nurturing and providing extra care is crucial to restoring it to health. Besides this, there are other reasons why experts recommend following a particular skincare regime after your bio remodelling sessions.
Listed below are some of the reasons why you should strictly follow a skincare regime post your skin bio-remodelling treatment:
- Promotes healing and recovery of your skin
- Helps prevent infections and other complications
- Significantly reduces inflammation and redness
- Improves the overall appearance of your skin
- Maintains the results of your bio remodelling treatment for a more extended period
The Recommended Skincare Routine
The next big question is what constitutes a proper skin care regime for anyone who has recently undergone a skin bio-remodelling procedure. Well, fret not; we have got you covered.
Continue scrolling through to look at the recommended daily and weekly skincare regime, as recommended by bio-remodelling experts in Melbourne.
Morning Skincare Routine
- Cleanse:Use a gentle best facial cleanser to remove dirt or impurities from your skin. We recommend using lukewarm water because hot water can make your skin feel itchy and irritated.
- Tone:For the next step, use a gentle water-based toner. The toner works to restore your skin’s pH and prepare it for the next steps in your skincare routine.
- Serum:The next step is to apply a hydrating serum. We recommend using one that contains hyaluronic acid. Despite its name, hyaluronic acid is a mild active ingredient that fortifies your skin’s barrier, making it feel plump, soft, and supple.
- Moisturise:Apply a lightweight moisturiser with antioxidants and other nourishing ingredients to hydrate and protect your skin.
- Sunscreen:The final step is to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Evening Skincare Routine
- Cleanse:Use a gentle gel-based cleanser to remove any makeup, dirt, or impurities from your skin.
- Tone:Wipe your face with a microfibre towel and dab your face with a gentle water-based toner. It helps minimise the appearance of pores and prepares your skin to absorb the other products better.
- Serum:Apply a reparative serum that contains nourishing ingredients like antioxidants that can help rejuvenate your skin throughout the night.
- Moisturise:As the final step, slather on a rich, nourishing moisturiser that will hydrate your skin and help rebuild your skin’s barrier.
Weekly Skincare Routine
- Exfoliate:Use a gentle physical exfoliant once or twice a week to remove any dead skin cells and improve the texture of your skin.
- Clay Mask:You can also apply a hydrating or calming clay mask once a week for a deep cleansing ritual. The clay mask removes all impurities and pollutants from the surface of your skin and leaves it feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
Things to Avoid after Your Skin Bio Remodelling
Your skin will be especially sensitive after the bio-remodelling procedure. So, you must be careful about what products you apply to your skin.
Bio remodelling experts in Melbourne state that after the treatment, the skin is usually sensitive to certain skincare products and ingredients (also known as actives). So, it is best to avoid such products until you get your doctor’s approval.
We have compiled a list of products and active ingredients that experts recommend you to stay away from after undergoing skin bio remodelling.
Skincare Products to Avoid
- Fragranced Products:Fragrances are synthetic chemicals added to skin care products for various reasons. However, they can be harsh on your skin and cause redness or irritation.
- Alcohol-based Products:Alcohol in skincare products can dry out your skin, thereby delaying the healing process. So, avoid any skincare product with any alcohol as one of its ingredients.
- Harsh Cleansers:Avoid using harsh cleansers, such as those that contain sulphates or strong detergents. Such cleansers can strip your skin of natural oils and cause irritation, itching and redness.
Active Ingredients to Avoid
- Retinoids:Avoid using retinoids, such as Retin-A or Differin, for at least two weeks after a bio-remodelling treatment. Post-treatment, retinoids can be harsh on your skin & irritate it, thereby delaying the healing process.
- Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids:Avoid using skincare products that contain alpha and beta hydroxy acids, such as glycolic acid, salicylic acid, or lactic acid. These ingredients can be very harsh on your skin and cause redness and itching.
- Vitamin C:Since your skin will be very sensitive post-treatment, vitamin C can be very acidic for your skin and irritate it. So, avoid using vitamin C serums or creams for at least two weeks after a bio-remodelling treatment.
Consult with the Skin Bio Remodelling Experts
As someone looking into beauty procedures, the list of options you have access to is endless. So, selecting the right one for you can be confusing and intimidating— what if the one you choose isn’t the right one for you?
We recommend that you ask the experts at Bonnie Lass Beauty.
Here, they offer a wide range of services, from Lip Fillers and Lip Augmentation to Skin Needling and Bio Remodelling in Melbourne. So, connect with them for a consultation and find out which one of their services best suits you.