Dizziness is a condition where one can feel like one would be fainting. Dizziness can be one of the symptoms of vertigo or can be caused due to many reasons such as anxiety, stress, pre-existing medical conditions such as pregnancy, diabetes, etc. Here we will be looking into the difference between vertigo and dizziness, how to treat dizziness, and how to choose a dizziness specialist for getting proper treatment.
What Can Cause Dizziness?
Dizziness can be caused right from simple reasons such as dehydration, food poisoning, nausea, and many others. Its level increases and can be dangerous if it’s due to any concussion or inner ear infections, then it is termed vertigo. It can also occur due to underlying health conditions like poor blood pressure, and diabetes which is long-term illnesses, and patients do experience the slightest to largest effects depending on conditions. General dizziness can come due to sunstrokes, or low hydration. When dizziness occurs it can also be due to low sugars. It feels like the head spinning around and vibrant shaking of the limbs. Dizziness can be related to vertigo and is mostly similar given the symptoms are not that dangerous. Dizziness also makes you feel light-headed, numb, and floating, and these get amplified while doing any physical activities such as standing, walking, running, and also during talking.
Blood circulation problems such as low or high blood pressure, and poor circulation. Neurological diseases can be the major cause which can be life-threatening and will need a lot of care and attention. In such a high risk of a medical emergency, one has to ask their family doctor and take consultation with a dizziness specialist.
When To See A Specialist?
When the person is often feeling dizzy, the dizziness if is lasting for hours, if it’s leading to irregular blood pressure and vitals, if it’s happening frequently, then the physician will suggest consulting an ENT, who will be the best suit for vertigo, dizziness and any kind of ear issues. A neurologist can also be the right person to consult for surgery and other high-alert treatments. It’s crucial if vitals are unstable, to consult ent specialist who will help in solving the issue.
Alarming symptoms of dizziness in long term can lead to visual impairment, hearing loss, the possibility of memory loss, ringing in the ears, dropping pulse, and speech problems too. All these shouldn’t be ignored and they should consult a dizziness specialist. Peripheral neuropathy and cysts in the brain can also cause seizures and dizziness which requires medication and continuous monitoring by neurologists and neurophysicists.
What Test Can Help Diagnose Dizziness?
You may not know if the dizziness experienced is serious or would have been caused due to stress or weather change. But if it is happening repetitively it’s good to get a basic blood test done such as a fast and post prandial blood sugars test, average blood sugar, blood pressure, and other vital tests. Some root causes cannot be diagnosed with these tests and at that time if the dizziness persists and regular anti-anxiety and anti-depressants do not work, it’s suggestable to get an MRI, CT, and full-body scan done such that any unusual brain activities and neurological cysts or tumors which can be benign can be detected which can help in early diagnosis and treatment. It is always important to take action in the early stages and consult the right specialist.
Few dizziness reasons get resolved on their own with time and home remedies followed, and other dizziness caused due to medical severity can be resolved with help of specialists, medication, and self-care. Let us look into what dizziness specialists suggest about remedies and medications for controlling early-stage dizziness.
Remedies And Medications For Dizziness
- Concentration on breathing and doing breathing exercises will help reduce anxiety and the dizziness caused due to anxiety and stress
- Meditation also calms down the mind , helps co-ordinating mind with the body and helps maintain balance
- Anxiety coping techniques help in balancing your state of mind and body which will help in controlling dizzy feelings.
- Brandt daroff exercises are very famous where it helps in inclining the position of the head to proper tilt and angle which will help reduce the dizziness and vertigo effects
- Antihistamines and cinnarizine are used in a combination with other medications to stabilize the vitals and help to reduce the dizziness effects for an immediate result.
- Herbal supplements can be taken along with these medications, under the supervision of a physician and specialist
- Making changes in lifestyle by having an on-time routine and avoiding heights, and sudden jerky movements can also help in temporary relief from dizziness.
- Studies suggest that acupuncture has helped a lot of people to control their dizziness
- Drinking water, and staying hydrated with fluids will help keep electrolytes balanced in the body which keeps body-mind coordination in order and helps control and eliminate dizziness.
- Maneuver treatments also work as physiotherapy to get head position under control
Reviews Of Patients On Dizziness Treatments
To trust any clinic, any treatment it’s important to check reviews from patients who have taken treatments and have seen magical results. These reviews are based on a few vertigo and dizziness treatment institutes around the United States.
- The technological advancements and tools used are really helpful.
- Doctors’ behavior, etiquette, and care have helped them heal mentally and the medication has helped them heal physically at a faster pace.
- Personalized design of programs and treatments for persistent dizziness which includes deep conversation, diagnosis, and rehabilitation treatments, all in one place is very promising and safe to trust.
- The canalith reposition treatment helps in balancing calcium in the inner ear, which can get distorted as long-term dizziness. All factors such as stress diagnosis and internal organ repairs are performed to identify any underlying issues which help in complete diagnosis and treatment.
- Surprisingly, our body’s pH levels also have an impact on causing dizziness which is learned during the diagnosis and how to balance it, and how to lead a holistic lifestyle is also trained during treatments.