Do you experience pauses in breathing when sleeping? Do you feel like you do not get enough oxygen while you sleep? Do you feel breathless and find it challenging to have a sound sleep? If this sounds like you, you are suffering from a sleep disorder.
Sleep apnea is a condition that makes you stop breathing for short periods while you are sleeping. A person’s upper airways become wholly or partially blocked in this condition. It makes a person experience pauses in breathing during sleep, usually due to the relaxation of the muscles attached to the back of the throat. These are the muscles that help the airways open.
People are unaware that they have paused breathing and believe that their sleep cycle is regular. Sleep apnea can sound like snoring. However, it raises the risks of heart diseases and other health conditions when left untreated. According to statistics reported by the Sleep Foundation, as many as 15-30% of men meet the general statistics of obstructive sleep apnea. About 9% of adults over 40 years of age experience sleep apnea.
Sleep apnea is a source of a lot of anxiety and stress. Stress would directly dampen the quality of life of a person. Generally, sleep disorders are a source of erectile disabilities causing weak erections in men. Having oral tablets like vidalista 20 these conditions is manageable.
What Lifestyle Choices Causes Sleep Apnea?
Obstructive sleep apnea occurs when the muscles attached to the back part of the throat relax too much to allow normal breathing.
When the muscles relax, your airway narrows as you breathe in, hampering your breathing for 10 seconds or longer. Narrowed airway to reduce oxygen in the blood and cause the buildup of carbon dioxide.
Your brain senses this malfunctioning in breathing and, for a brief time, wakes you from sleep so that you reopen the airway. Generally, this awakening is so short that you don’t even remember it. You can awaken with shortness of breath that quickly corrects itself within one or two deep breaths. You might make a snoring or choking sound.
This pattern can repeat itself almost five to 30 times or even more each hour, all night long. These disruptions impair your ability to have a sound sleep without any interruptions.
Other factors that may affect the ability to have a sound and peaceful sleep at night include:
- Abusive use of alcohol
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Being overweight or obese
- Have a family history of sleep apnea
- Have a large or thick neck
- Have smaller airways in your nose, throat or mouth
- Have too much tissue attached to the back of your mouth that blocks your airway
How Can Sleep Apnea be Prevented?
Untreated sleep apnea can stress your heart, raise your blood pressure level and worsen your mood. You might even face trouble thinking because you cannot get sufficient sleep. Those with moderate and severe sleep apnea should seek medical treatments to avoid complications. However, people with mild sleep apnea symptoms can benefit from altering their lifestyle habits.
Some natural remedies help to reduce the symptoms of obsessive sleep apnea. Here are six treatments that you can practice at your home and get treated from sleep apnea:
- Maintain a Healthy Weight: People suffering from sleep apnea can improve their condition by losing weight. Being obese, especially in the upper body, can increase the risk of airway obstruction. These obstructions can stop you from breathing or for lengths of time while sleeping.
Maintaining a healthy weight can clear your airways and reduce sleep apnea symptoms. Weight loss can also help in eliminating sleep apnea.
In men, weight loss also helps in improving the ability of erection. Although oral pills like vidalista 20 also help in enhancing weak erections. Vidalista 20 is a PDE5 inhibitor that enhances the flow of blood.
- Try Yoga: Regular exercise can help you increase your energy level, improve your heart health and eliminate sleep apnea. Yoga can specifically enhance your respiratory strength and encourage oxygen flow. You may be able to sleep faster, for a longer time and go back to sleep when you get awake at night.
For men suffering from weak erections, pills like vidalista 20 come in handy. In addition, healthy exercises like yoga can help accelerate the treatment process.
- Alter Your Sleep Position: Though it is a small change, altering your sleeping position can help in improving your sleeping schedule. Sleeping on your back worsens the condition. For some adults, sleeping on one side can help improve the condition of sleep apnea.
- Avoid Alcohol and Drinking: Alcohol relaxes the throat muscles that control your breathing, leading to snoring and an interrupted sleep cycle. Alcohol even leads to inflammation in your airways, blocking your airflow.
Like alcohol, tobacco also contributes to swelling and inflammation in your airways. Alcohol and tobacco worsen your condition of sleep apnea. Hence, quitting smoking and limiting the intake of alcohol reduce the complications of sleep apnea.
In men, abusive use of alcohol leads to erectile problems. Having oral pills like vidalista 20 can help in treating such conditions.
NOTE: Pills like Vidalista 20 are taken only after consulting a doctor. Consumption of Vidalista 20 every day is hazardous to health.
Home remedies and lifestyle changes help reduce sleep apnea symptoms. However, prescribed medications and surgeries are part of the integral approach to treating the condition. Therefore, visiting a doctor before taking or starting any treatment is necessary.