MT- Oncology medical billing – Value delivery to physicians
MD- The oncology medical billing experts have started to become a lethal part of oncology treatment as they provide extensive services in terms of coding & billing
Oncology is a very complex and a long process consisting of different treatment plans in order to protect the patient from cancer or cure cancer if the disease has been incurred by the patient.
The oncology medical billing process is a detailed and long process that is all about the documentation of medical treatment along with the insurance companies’ verifications and follows up of the treatment so that there is no hindrance in the medical bills to be paid on time.
Oncology medical billing is a complex procedure and it is not easy for an individual to deal with the complexity on its own. Most of the time expert services are taken to assist in the compilation of oncology medical billing.
Oncology medical billing:
The oncology medical billing experts specialize in the coding and billing of all the oncological treatments whether they are radiation or medical. They provide their services for this comprehensive documentation in the following ways:
- The experts conduct audit checks as well as determine the appropriate codes wherever they are needed
- They track the payment and fee schedule
- The experts are responsible for tracking the payments, co-payments and even the deductible amounts.
- They reduce the rejection chances of a claim
- The oncology medical billing experts generate the statements for the patient in an easier format for later use.
- They develop the reports which showcase the cash flow and the schedule of the payments remaining to be made
- The outstanding claims, receivables, write-offs – all of these are trailed and turned into a comprehendible format for the patient’s ease
As described above, the process of oncology is itself complex and is long in order to prevent or cure cancer. Cancer itself is a disease that takes time to be completely cured. The patient has to undergo innumerable procedures, tests, samplings, diagnostics, and pre and post-procedural visits to the doctors. This also includes the never-ending follow-up visits to the doctors resulting in the staggering amounts of bills and payments.
The medical billing procedure of oncology is very complex as at each stage, it needs to be documented so that the track of payment is not lost with so many ongoing procedures simultaneously.
At times, it’s the doctor or the physician who refers the patient to an oncology medical coding and billing expert to deal with the administration and tracking of the payments and bills as it becomes overwhelming for the patient to deal with the financial consequences as well as deteriorating health at the same time.
The oncology medical billing and coding experts are readily available to provide their utmost support to the health care providers. The experts are known to be experienced, certified, fully aware of the latest technology, and with a straight track record of providing error-free services with regard to medical billing.
These billing and coding specialists keep on upgrading themselves consistently as well as adapting themselves with the latest technology and new studies which are mandatory to provide an error-free service in return.
The extent of services provided by oncology billing experts:
The services provided by oncology billing experts are:
- Coding and billing services in which the prime focus is on the extensive billing of core cancer treatments like hormone therapy, chemotherapy and radiotherapy. These treatments differ for different patients and depend on the curative measures required for the said disease.
- The experts provide coding and billing services specifically for the treatment and diagnostic procedures for the cancers related to the female reproductive system.
- Complete billing of surgical services
- Billing and coding for the services that involves the treatment and diagnostic procedure for the cancers involving lymphatic and blood system
- The oncology billing experts provide billing and coding of radiation treatment such as computed tomography (CT), ultrasound, computed axial tomography, positron emission tomography (PET), nuclear medicine and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for the treatment and diagnostic of cancers
- Histopathology services which largely consist of biopsy procedures are also coded and billed by oncology experts. These services are important to determine the stage or the type of cancer.
The oncology billing experts’ services help physicians also in the longer run. Physicians often opt to outsource the oncology coding and billing services as it brings them advantage of an expert level of billing management cycle. It also yields amazing benefits for the physicians such as:
- The collection rate increases
- More patients will come
- The revenue cycle will be simplified
- Time to work on the development and research sector
Most of the medical experts and physicians opt for oncology medical billing experts as this lessens the burden on them and brings in an expert opinion. The billing experts provide extensive services which makes it easy for the physicians as well as the patient to understand and determine the coding and billing of the oncology treatment.