Millions of people with high blood pressure and intermittent blood pressure measurements at the doctor’s clinics regularly commute. How about people who can monitor their readings more often at home with a digital blood pressure monitor device?
A blood pressure monitor can be a semi or fully-automated machine used for checking blood pressure and pulse quickly. The digital blood pressure machine is battery operated and consists of the start button, on/off switch, memory button and pre-set switch. The main aim of the electronic blood pressure monitor device is to enable everyone with the ability of measurement even with beginner skills. Let’s look at the benefits of using a digital blood pressure monitor device: –
Benefits Of Measuring Blood Pressure With A Digital Device:
- The information you get from tracking the blood pressure level with a blood pressure machine can help to lower the risk for a heart attack and other heart-related events.
- Monitoring your blood pressure at home also helps to avoid the white-coat syndrome, it is a nervous surge in blood pressure that some people experience during a doctor’s visit.
- Digital blood pressure machines are easy to maneuver without training.
- You can feel satisfied and confident which adds to your healthy and positive lifestyle.
How To Monitor BP With Digital Blood Pressure Machine:
- First, make sure that your machine is properly functioning.
- Insert the air tube of the blood pressure machine from the cuff into the air jack.
- Switch ON the button. The symbols on the display light up for a few minutes to check the display. Then all the symbols disappear and the air release symbol starts to flash.
- Wrap the cuff around your bare arm so that the centre of the bladder is positioned 2-3 cms above the elbow joint inside of the arm.
- Press the start button to measure the blood pressure. When a target value is reached, the air is released from the air tube and reading is displayed counts downwards. When the machine detects the blood pressure, it will indicate a sound or vibration.
- When the machine no longer detects the blood pressure and whilst the air pressure is dropping the systolic and diastolic blood pressure are displayed.
- The pressure drop symbol indicates the process is finished.
- Digital blood pressure machines have a memory button, after each measurement, the results are stored in the memory. The memory stores previous measurement results that allow you to compare the health status with last week, month or even year.
- Once you measure your blood pressure, switch off the machine, if you forget to do so the digital machine will automatically switch off.
Avoid going to the doctor for a regular BP checkup. Monitor your blood pressure with a digital machine easily at your home. These are portable devices that give you an almost accurate reading of blood pressure and pulse.