Don’t you just love having fun rolling down the slope and walking on water at a good speed with the amazing zorb ball? But along with this bouncy fun comes some risks!
Many activities which have such speeda in them like the zorb ball have always posed rare chances of risk. But why even ignore any possibility of hurting yourself while having fun?
With this complete guide, you will get to know all the risks you can enter yourself into and some safety measures to play with zorb balls for tension free fun! Let’s get started.
RISKS ALLOCATED WITH ZORBING
Zorbing is one of the safest water sports with very little risk attached to itself. However, there can be few standards to think about which can cause trouble in attempting to guarantee the most secure experience conceivable.
As you all may know, zorbing is either dry (on a plane) or wet (on water). Each of them has its own risks that you need to be aware of. Let’s explore for more!
Table of Contents
DRY ZORBING RISKS
Dry zorbing is the one where you roll down on a ground or an inclining slope. Here, some risk to be cautious of are:
- Zorb ball used for this activity come with harnesses attached to it for your chest and feet and some handles where you can place your hands for a tight grip. Things can get perilous if those harnesses are not tightly attached and aren’t firm enough to hold a full grown man.
- Dry zorbing involves two persons and any mistake in incorporating the right two persons in consideration of height and weight can result in imbalance while the ball is running. For instance, if you think a zorb ball can function with a very thin person and a person thrice his weight, the ball would not function the way it’s supposed to.
- Another very important thing to take into consideration along with the above said point, this is an activity for two people. If you decide to hop on it alone, yet again there would be some geometrical unbalance inside the sphere. Imbalance can cause the ball to roll down the hill like a flat tire, bouncing unevenly, jumping all over the place and even going off course. Hence, resulting in injury.
- Sometimes it wouldn’t be the ball’s fault but the surface it’s being run on. Huge bumps, pointy rock particles on the slope could cause the ball to lift off from the ground and cause harm to you.
If you avoid all these risks from your way, nothing can obstruct you having a gala time running down the slope! Let’s now talk about wet zorbing.
WET ZORBING RISKS
All that’s different in wet zorbing is the involvement of water. Here are some risks that can harm your water adventure:
- Manufacturing defects in the water zorb ball can let the air out the ball and allow holes in it, which would result in water entering inside the ball. You can drown and can’t reach the shore safely without outside help.
- The zorb balls have no padding in them. If the two balls happen to collide with each other, there is a chance for serious injuries. If the ball hits a hard object there is also a risk of injury.
- The ball is completely airtight. As the person inside breathes, oxygen levels drop and CO2 (carbon dioxide) rises. Within a few minutes air quality can pose a serious danger.
Now you know what things to take care of while doing some aqua zorbing! So what can be some safety tips to imply? Let’s see!
SAFETY MEASURES TO PLAY WITH ZORB BALLS
Be it dry or wet, zorbing has some common safety precautions to take upon. Here’s what to do:
- Enter the ball removing all the accessories and jewelleries. Make sure there is nothing sharp or dangling with you in the ball.
- Make sure there is no manufacturing defect in the ball and the air is blown properly in it. There should be no holes that let the air out.
- Choose a good location for running the ball. In case of dry zorbing, the place should be covered with grass and should be smooth and in case of wet zorbing, choose a wider area for free movement and avoiding collision.
- Securely attach your harnesses and tightly hold the grip handles for firmness.
- Purchase zorb balls front reliable and trusted marketplaces like the Kameymall.
Follow these safety measures and you will be good to go for some cool zorbing.
Zorbing is one of the most loving activities for family as well as friends hangouts. However, rolling down at this speed might concern you for some possible risks and safety.
But now, there is no nee dto worry about as you know what safety measures to follow along. Keep the ball fully inflated, securely attach your harness and select a good ball from a good store and then, Zorbing would turn out amazing for you!