Table of Contents
Introduction to Scrum Master:
A scrum master is a highly competitive professional who has to lead a team using a variety of agile project management techniques. He facilitates all kinds of communication and collaboration between leadership and team players, while ensuring a successful outcome.
A scrum master has to use agile project management for championing different projects, teams, and management techniques. This shows that scrum masters work and responsibilities may vary a little bit, but his primary responsibility is implementing scrum values.
Did you know?
- Around 79,501 scrum masters are employed in the United States.
- 2% of the scrum masters are women, while 65.4% are men.
- Scrum masters are getting an average starting salary of $77,000.
- In the year 2021, women tend to earn 95% more than what men are earning.
- 10% of the highest paying scrum masters are usually earning as much as $137,000.
Keeping in mind the importance of Scrum Master and how great a career you can make out of it, in this article we are going to talk about the top 4 Scrum Master certifications in 2022.
The first one on our list is the Certified Scrum Master certification. The CSM certification sets the standard for establishing Scrum theory and then developing practical applications. With that, it sets the rules and leads teams through a development process.
This certification is available through the Scrum Alliance and is an entry-level certification that aims to provide details to all interested professionals on the methodologies and values of Scrum.
There aren’t any specific prerequisites to enroll in the CSM exam but you need to have a good understanding of the scrum framework, its principles, and practices. With that, you must attend a two-day CSM course that has to be taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer.
Since these skills are quite valuable and becoming a certified scrum master can get you started with leading projects more easily we can say that this certification can help you advance your skills more quickly and demonstrate strong leadership and management skills.
The CSM training and the certification cost can be between $570 to $1300 and this also includes the exam cost.
- The CSM exam has 50 questions in total.
- The total time to complete the exam is one hour.
- Similarly, the passing score is 74% which means you have to give 37 answers
The CSM certification will expire in 2 years and the recertification fee is $100.
The Professional Scrum Master level I or PSM I exam is for those individuals who wish to validate their depth of knowledge of the scrum framework and the application. All those individuals who tend to pass this exam will be getting the industry-recognized PSM I certification.
Once you’re done with the PSM I exam, the next row is PSM II and then the PSM III certification. Check out the best PSM I exam assessment questions and answers, that will help you to be prepared for the real exam.
If we talk about whether this certification has a scope, then the answer is yes and the following points will back our saying.
- 60% of the individuals claimed that PSM I have helped them land a good job.
- 80% said that earning a PSM I has helped them make good money.
So yes it is a great career choice.
- The cost of the PSM I certification exam is $150.
- If you are interested in PSM II then the cost is $250.
- PSM III costs $500.
The passing score is 85%.
The total number of questions is 80.
The given time is 60 minutes.
PSM certification does not expire as it has lifelong validity.
Scaled agile certification assesses one’s skills and knowledge and mindset who are working in an agile environment. Earning this certification shall validate your skills and open new doors for you that can advance your career.
There aren’t any requirements for the certification but yes Scaled Agile recommends that you have a good know-how of the agile concepts and principles. Similarly, awareness of Kanban, scrum, and extreme programming is also required.
This certification is worth your time and effort as it helps to facilitate an individual’s credentials. Similarly, this certification can allow you to keep your SAFe knowledge not only updated but relevant as well.
The cost of the first attempt is included in the course registration fee, if the individual takes the exam within 30 days of completing the course. After that, each retake will cost $50.
- There are 45 questions to solve.
- The passing score is 77% which means you need to answer 35 questions correctly.
The certification is valid for one year.
The PMI-ACP certification demonstrates your knowledge and skills of agile principles and techniques. This certification is proof that you have the relevant hands-on experience, skills, and know-how of applying agile methodologies.
- A high school diploma or a Bachelor’s degree is a must.
- With that, 21 contact hours of training in agile practices is required.
- Similarly, 8 months of agile project experience in the last 3 years is necessary.
It has been found that the salary of a certified PMI-ACP is 28% higher than an individual who doesn’t have this certification. This certification is highly valued in the industry and leads to higher pay and job security.
The cost of the exam for non-members is $495 and for members is $435.
- The exam contains 120 questions.
- The time to solve these questions is 3 hours.
This certification is valid for 3 years.
The above 4 scrum master certifications are not only highly recognized in the industry but also lead to a secure future and handsome pay. Therefore, it is up to you to decide which certification is your pick.