The study of Psychology allows people to have an in-depth understanding of people’s behavior, mental operations, as well as performances. With people acknowledging the importance of mental health, and its related principles, the field of Psychology has experienced a slight increase in its number of students. Psychology generally refers to the application of knowledge that can be used in understanding events, treating mental health issues, and improving education, relationships, and employment. However, psychological courses are available in multiple universities across the country.
This blog brings you the different career outlooks of a Master’s degree in Psychology, and the top-most university in Bhopal to include the study of Psychology in its curriculum.
Table of Contents
Master’s in Psychology- Course Overview
The MA in Psychology is a two-year postgraduate program, which presents a broad and in-depth analysis of psychology as a subject. Crisis management, motivation, reactions, the nature of the mind, mental processes, conflict resolution, groupthink, feelings, and other topics are mostly taught in the MA Psychology curriculum. The entire goal of the MA in Psychology is to prepare students to recognize specific diseases as well as emotional, psychological, and behavioral concerns.
However, MA Psychology students are also given the option of writing a thesis in some universities, and plenty of universities offer the course through distance education as well. Various MA colleges in Bhopal include the study of MA in their curriculum.
Future Outlook of Careers after pursuing an MA in Psychology
A degree in psychology can let you experience interesting opportunities, and after completing a Master’s degree there are multiple options that you can check out. Given below are a few of the popular options that can be opted for by Master’s degree holders of Psychology.
- Pursue an M.Phil course in Psychology: The M.Phil in Psychology is a two-year course in Psychology from a school approved by the Indian Rehabilitation Council (RCI). This is a professional course that includes practical instruction. After completing the M.Phil course, you can start working as a clinical psychologist anywhere in India. Moreover, with this MPhil degree, you can choose to specialize in either rehabilitation psychology or clinical psychology.
- Become a counselor: The counselors’ entire purpose is to understand as well as find proper solutions to issues experienced by their clients. Besides private practice, they are open to work for rehabilitation centers, old age homes, etc. However, NGOs working on sexual abuse, development issues, anti-trafficking, and other related matters are always in need of counselors.
- Work as an experimental psychologist: Experimental psychologists specifically focus on research applications. However, research organizations hire experimental psychologists to improve the productivity, quality, morale, as well as satisfaction of employees.
- Turn into a sports psychologist: Sports psychologists generally work with professional teams, and teams associated with high schools, colleges, and universities. The main duty of a sports psychologist is to help the athletes prepare for their events, and further work as a sports consultant, sports rehabilitation specialist, sports research specialist, etc. Multiple MA psychology colleges in Bhopalfocus on the skills and knowledge needed to make a career in sports psychology.
- Work as a corporate trainer: In domains like business training, communication skill enhancement training, and manpower development training, psychology students can turn into motivational coaches, as well as become trainers. The majority of corporate organizations upskill their staff members through training sessions led by such experts.
- Become a school counselor: School counselors play a crucial role in the education sector. As a whole, they evaluate, enhance, and assist teachers’ teaching abilities and learning capacities. Moreover, they collaborate with school leaders to create a welcoming and secure learning environment. Their working areas generally include public and private schools, colleges, universities, and institutions of higher learning.
- Work as a forensic psychologist: Forensic psychologists specifically focus on criminal profiling and solving crimes. The CID and CBI, among other law enforcement organizations, research criminal behavior. In that procedure, forensic psychologists play a crucial role.
Moreover, a properly planned study program in Psychology can offer other opportunities to explore. Various arts colleges in Bhopal offer this study program.
What are the skill sets needed to be a psychologist?
Some of the common skills that every person willing to make a career in Psychology should have are listed below:
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Analytical Skill
- Time Management
- Communication skills
- Analytical ability
Well-known university in Bhopal to include an MA in Psychology
Many universities in India offer Master’s in Psychology study programs, and one among them is the Mansarovar Global University (MGU). Besides Psychology, the university offers MA courses in subjects like History, Public Administration, Hindi, English, Geography, Sanskrit, Education, Physical Education, Rural Development, Public Health, Social Work, Rural Science, Sociology, Political Science, and Geography,
This best university in Bhopal gives students the tools they need to develop and widen their understanding of methodologies and theoretical approaches to the investigation of social phenomena, structures, and processes. Each study program is designed to impart quality education and provide in-depth knowledge of the subjects chosen by students.
The Academic program of Psychology, as included in the list of humanities and social sciences subjects of Mansarovar Global University concentrates on other factors of its students, which in turn prepare them for a better future in the profession of psychology. To know more, check out their official website.
To sum up, Psychology is mainly associated with the study of human behavior, with its roots in healthcare and scientific methods. Overall, this subject deals with the process of human minds, and it has the capability of explaining why people act in certain ways. Moreover, this field holds great relevance in the current scenario.
And, if you are looking for one of the top universities in MP that offer an MA in Psychology, the Mansarovar Global University (MGU) can be a wise option. We hope this blog gives you a better understanding of psychology as a subject, and the career opportunities it can provide.
- What is the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist?
The basic difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist lies in the fact that psychiatrists can prescribe medication, while psychologists focus on the therapeutic approach to recovery. The best university in Bhopal, MGU can provide a deep understanding of the two professions.
- What are the different branches of psychology?
Cognitive psychology, Forensic Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Evolutionary Psychology, Health Psychology, Neuropsychology, and Occupational Psychology are some of the well-known branches of Psychology.
- Is there any need for a referral to visit a psychologist?
No, you can simply make an appointment with a psychologist, if you are willing to visit them. But, in the case of visiting a psychiatrist, you might require a referral from your doctor.
- What can be the course fees for pursuing an MA in Psychology?
In India, the average cost of pursuing a Master’s in Psychology is around INR 50,000 INR annually, though the amount varies based on the college you choose.
- What are the responsibilities of a family psychologist?
Family psychologists are responsible for a wide variety of tasks and roles like family and couples therapy, consultation with external authorities, family assessment, education, training, etc.