Be it a product launch, a webinar, or a public speaking session, chances are that you would have come across slideshows very often. They not only add a visual reference to information being shared but also help in engaging your audience.
While PowerPoint is a popular option, the program has not really kept up with changing times and does not have any special features to spice up your presentations. On the other hand, several online slideshow makers have sprung up over the years, helping people create interactive invoice templates or presentations in an instant.
These online presentation tools are very advanced, allowing you to go beyond the usual, traditional slideshows – with features like AI-based intuitive editing, custom templates built from scratch, adding videos and conversations, one-click sharing, and much more.
Keeping this in mind, in this article, we will be talking about the top 5 online slideshow makers that’ll help you create more impactful presentations.
Pitching itself as a ‘pitch deck design platform’ for small businesses and startups, Slidebean is one of the best online slideshow makers in the market today. Built specifically for people who either are short on time or not very tech-savvy, it provides a variety of templates along with an AI-based design tool for creating high-quality pitch decks.
Users can sign up for free and input their content, after which Slidebean will arrange text, graphics, and other visual elements in a few minutes, helping you create presentations quickly. If you do not have a specific design in mind, you can also check out the different templates offered by them and use them in your presentation.
Finding royalty-free GIFs, graphics, and photos for your presentation can be time-consuming. Fortunately, Slidebean understands this and offers access to an extensive gallery of images and GIFs to make your presentation more engaging. This online slideshow-making tool also helps convert CSV files into minimalistic charts, allowing you to present complicated information in a clear, more visual manner.
Ideal for – Marketers, non-technical people, entrepreneurs
- AI-powered design tool
- Hundreds of customizable templates
- Easy-to-use interface
- Some handy tools for SMBs
- Cannot collaborate on presentations without upgrading to the paid version
- Cannot adjust size or range of graphics
- Not available for Android mobile users
One of the best online presentation makers, Prezi bills itself as a visual storytelling platform for creating presentations beyond the usual, static slideshows. This tool helps you create interactive presentations using text, charts, images, and videos. Additionally, users can utilize the ‘smart branding’ feature to add their custom branding/logo to presentations, to make them more personalized.
You can also use their templates and reusable presentations for a variety of use cases. Interestingly, you can even upload static PowerPoint files and turn them into dynamic presentations, all in under 10 minutes.
Ideal for – Designers, content creators, and entrepreneurs
- The extensive templates and graphical elements make it an amazing online slideshow maker
- Pan and zoom to show details
- Add infographics to videos/presentations
- Integrates with most video conferencing tools
- Highly customizable, so you can be as creative as you want
- Collaborate on presentations
- Can sometimes lag
- The interface is not mobile-friendly
- The UI is not very intuitive
Known primarily for its powerful video editing features, this tool is among the top online video presentation makers in the market right now, used by brands like Dropbox, CNBC, and Microsoft, among others. Similar to Slidebean and Prezi, it too offers a plethora of templates to choose from. Users can pick any template, depending upon their requirement, and get started with creating beautiful presentations in no time.
With over 5000 templates and 9 million media assets in the form of images, audio, and graphics, InVideo’s online slideshow maker integrates with most royalty-free media resources like Pixabay, Pexels, Unsplash, Shutterstock, and more. After creating your presentations, you can upload them on all major social media platforms in a single click, or directly broadcast them to your audience.
Thanks to its modern interface and easy instructions, you can get started with this tool even without any prior editing experience. Lastly, these slideshows can also have scenes, animations, and voiceovers, making it an interactive experience.
Who is it for? – Marketers, entrepreneurs, Solopreneurs
- 5000+ templates
- Over 9 million royalty-free media assets on the platform
- Easy upload to all major social media platforms
- Add, trim or crop frames and scenes
- 24/7 customer support
- Web-based tool
- Create video presentations up to a maximum of 15 minutes under the free plan
- Users might face some bugs at times
- Some users have pointed out the need for a ‘zoom-in’ feature that prevents them from seeing the slideshows properly while editing.
Offered by the search engine giant, Google, Slides is an online presentation maker built especially for teams and individuals. Available to users for free (users have the option to upgrade to the premium version by paying a small fee), Google Slides can also be used by businesses after subscribing to a Google Workspace account. You can create slideshows by adding videos, texts, images, and animation from animation studios Singapore similar to most other presentation-making tools.
One of the most significant advantages of Google Slides is its ability to collaborate on presentations. Since Slides is a cloud-based service, apart from sharing presentations with team members, you can also allow them to edit the presentation and access files on the go across devices. This is useful if you want to access your MS PowerPoint files on the web apart from editing them after installing the Chrome extension.
Ideal for – Teams, individuals, business owners, and freelancers
- Offered by Google, a renowned name in the internet world
- Easy, collaborative editing
- No need to ‘save’ the file over and over again
- Multiple templates
- The features are pretty basic
- Lacks a vast library of templates
- Ideal for people who cannot spend much or even no money on presentations
- Basic animation and effects
Corporate data can sometimes be very boring to read. Not only is it cumbersome to collect, but can also prove to be a task when representing it visually. If you are a business owner, techie or corporate head looking for an online presentation maker to create advanced videos, Zoho’s ‘Show’ tool is the right fit for you, helping you create slick, professional-quality presentations.
If you like to focus on details, this presentation-making tool will give you 17 templates and enable you to select the ideal aspect ratio for your slides. Not only can you share the presentations via email, but you can also embed them on your website or publish it online.
It is pretty easy to export the presentations too, with formats like PPTx, ODP, and PDF being supported by the tool, and accessible in the cloud, via both desktop and mobile devices.
Ideal for – Techies and C-suite executives
- In-built ‘Office’ suite of productivity tools
- Easy team collaboration
- Sync files offline
- Embed videos, tweets, images, and even YouTube links in your presentations
- Add charts, bars, and histogram to present data
- An extensive amount of storage is available
- Add transitions
- Non-intuitive interface
- Uploading bulk files can be slow sometimes
- Not many templates
- No new updates or improvements on the tool for a long time
Presentation-making tools have grown exponentially in the last few years, and now they offer functionality beyond what PowerPoint usually does. Whatever your use case may be, we are sure that tools like Slidebean and Google Slides will definitely help you make stellar presentations.