Delta-8 THC and delta-10 THC are cannabis cannabinoids capable of inducing a mild-to-moderate high depending on the dose. Delta-10’s is much lighter than delta-8 THC, making it ideal for first-time users looking to avoid intense cerebral effects. Both are legal to buy in most US states and sold online in different product types.
Delta-8 vs. delta-10: The main differences
- Delta-8 THC Flower and delta-10 THC are non-psychoactive and have been shown to inhibit cell proliferation and tumor growth. Delta-8 also demonstrated efficacy in treating inflammatory bowel disease, colitis, and intestinal inflammation. Other benefits of delta-8 include improvement in balance disorders, antiemetic effects, anti-convulsant (seizures), anti-inflammatory effects, analgesic effects, appetite suppression, and suppression of intraocular pressure (which is used to treat glaucoma).
- Delta-8 and delta-10 are molecularly similar to delta-9 aside from minor differences in their molecular structures. Delta-8 is a little more acidic than delta-9, and delta-10 causes less of an intoxicating effect than delta-9.
- While the overwhelming majority of cannabinoids are identical, whether found in Cannabis or hemp, there is one significant difference. Delta-8 THC and delta-10 THC are different compounds. They behave abnormally when consumed, especially regarding their psychoactive properties.
- Delta-8 and delta-10 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the most common cannabinoids found in Cannabis. Delta-8 is generally considered to be less potent than delta-9. Furthermore, delta-10 appears to have a lower affinity for cannabinoid receptors than delta-8 and delta-9.
- Delta-10 is a potent cannabinoid that research has shown to protect nerve cells from degeneration, create anti-inflammatory effects when delivered orally, stimulate appetite and reduce nausea when inhaled. Delta-8 is said to have possible antiemetic, appetite-stimulating, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and social qualities. Research on delta-8 is almost non-existent.
- Delta-8 and delta-10 are naturally-derived essential oils found in the resin crystals of various cannabis plants. Delta-8 is a substance that was once illegal in some states but is now federally legal as long as it’s derived from hemp. According to the Farm Bill, it is also protected, as all cannabinoids are derived from hemp and not marijuana.
Will delta-8 get you higher than delta-10?
Delta-8 THC has a strong psychoactive effect because it’s not as readily affected by metabolic processes. That means that Delta-8 THC is much more potent than delta-9 THC, making it more effective for relieving depression or other mood disorders or for inducing sleep. However, you’ll still feel relaxed when you consume it. You may feel more focused, and concentration is improved.
Why should you start using delta-8?
Delta-8 THC products tend to offer the highest “high” for those looking for a quick, potent experience. So if you’re new to Cannabis, we recommend starting with delta-8 products for now. If you’re a seasoned THC user looking for a high solid, try delta-8 distillates. Looking for the best Delta-8 hemp flowers, check out Wild Orchard Hemp for all your Delta-8 hemp flower needs. Wild Orchard Hemp employs third-party laboratories from the United States to certify the quality of its products. The products that Wild Orchard Hemp sell are created from their long experience in the cannabis industry and set out to provide a service that is second to none when it comes to offering quality products with a reliable support network of professionals who can help you make the right choice when deciding on which type of cannabis product you would like.