Cannabidiol (CBD) is everywhere now. You must have come across different CBD products at the local store or CBD-infused products from food to drinks and even shampoo. If you are wondering about the CBD craze, well, it has to do with its many potential health benefits. It is promising as an alternative treatment for various diseases and chronic health problems.
Pet owners are not left behind since CBD is also useful for pets. Although research is still in the early stages, clinical studies are promising. It suggests that CBD can help in managing conditions like arthritis, cancer, pain, and anxiety. Using CBD for your dog is a natural way to treat these conditions.
But while CBD for pets comes with many health benefits, the products can get expensive. Fortunately, you can make your own (customized) CBD treats at home. If you are wondering how to make CBD dog treats, then this guide is for you. Read on to find out!
What are the Benefits of Making Your Own CBD Treats?
While you can find CBD treats online which you can check for excellent CBD infused Gummies for pain in the UK or at local stores, the advantage of making your treats outweigh buying ready-made. For instance, it gives you the luxury of controlling the ingredients you add to the dog treat. Besides, there are no preservatives included in your pet treat, which makes it safe for your dog.
Additionally, making dog treats at home is the only way to ensure that the treatment is 100% safe and healthy. Some pets are allergic to certain ingredients, and making it yourself means ensuring that your dog is safe.
How to Make CBD Dog Treats: CBD Dog Treat Recipes
1. Baked Sweet Potato With Coconut CBD Oil
Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamins, potassium, and magnesium, while coconut oil helps nourish the skin. When combined, you get healthy treats for your dog.
- 2 cooked and cooled sweet potatoes (medium size).
- ½ a cup of coconut flour.
- ½ a cup of coconut oil.
- One tablespoon of CBD oil.
- 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- One egg.
- Preheat the oven until it reaches 177℃.
- Mash the potatoes until it has a smoothness and mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add coconut flour to get a doughy uniformity.
- Roll the mixture into balls and then flatten them using hands or a spoon.
- Place the flattened balls into a baking pan.
- Remove and let it cool. Store in an air-tight bag in the fridge.
2. Peanut And Pumpkin CBD Treat
Spoil your dog with this tasty mix of sweetness. Oatmeal has vitamins, biotin, linoleic acid, and fiber which play a crucial role in digestion and maintaining smooth skin cover.
- ¼ cup of CBD oil.
- A cup of oats.
- 1/3 cup of un-pie filled pumpkin.
- Heat the oven until it reaches 149℃.
- Set your mold ready.
- Grind oats to desired texture using a food processor.
- Mix pumpkin, oats, and peanut butter to make a sticky dough.
- Roll the dough to make a lightly floured surface and cut it into fun shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Let it cool and then serve.
- Store the peanut and pumpkin treat in an air-tight bag.
3. Sweet Potato And Frozen Yogurt
A mixture of sweet potato and frozen yogurt is the easiest treat to make, and it does not involve a cookie.
- 1 cup of cooked and mashed potato.
- ½ cup of plain yogurt.
- One tablespoon of coconut oil.
- CBD oil.
- Mix the mashed sweet potato with yogurt and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Put the mixture into silicone molds.
- Add drops of CBD OIL into each mold depending on the amount you give your dog.
- Keep in a freezer until it is ready to serve.
4. Adding CBD Oil To Ready-Made Dog Treats
The fastest and the easiest way to make dog treats with CBD is to take ready-made dog treats and add CBD oil. For this, choose a porous treat that can soak in CBD oil. You can buy ready-made treats from local stores and soak them with CBD oil.
5 Things You Should Know When Making CBD Dog Treat
Once you’ve decided and cleared your vet to try homemade CBD, there are a few things you want to keep in mind when buying CBD oil. Remember, not all CBD oil on the market is equal. You want to be sure you are using premium CBD oil for better results.
So, here’s a rundown of some of the important things to follow:
- Buy organic CBD oil: Organic CBD oil means it has no contaminants. But if you must use non-organic CBD oil, ensure it has no solvents, fungicides, or pesticides.
- Use tested CBD oil: Lab-analysis is the surest way to confirm CBD purity; ensuring there is little to no THC (the psychoactive cannabinoid in cannabis).
- Temperatures should never exceed 180℃ when cooking or boiling treats: High temperatures cause the components in CBD to evaporate after this point.
- Find out the right temperature for the particular oil before baking with CBD oil: Different oils require different temperatures. You can check the guide on the package box or confirm with your manufacturer.
- Pick CBD oil with the right concentrations: Find out the right amount of oil to use for the product you are making.
Making your dog’s treat at home is a cheap and safe way. Besides, it’s not as hard a process as you might have thought. This guide shows you some of the simple dog treat recipes that you can try right away without requiring any prior experience. Make sure to try a couple of them and enjoy safe and healthy treats for your dog.