Cigarettes and smoke have been prevalent throughout Australia since the olden days, with herbal leaves being the older ingredient followed by nicotine or tobacco and cannabis with the recent ones. However, up until the early 2000s, there was a shift in the way companies manufactured cigarettes and instead decided to blend technology with consumer demand. The following result was called vaping devices, and they took the country by storm. Recognised brands like Innokin used sleek designs and modern ways of combustion to drastically reduce the effects that traditional cigarettes had on the body.
With the rise in many popular celebrities using the device and many other brands endorsing the practice, the major population, especially the young adults, started an era of mass consumption, which would later be known as the vape culture in Australia. What’s more interesting is that such vaping devices aren’t as harmful as regular cigarettes and have even been recommended by many doctors and addiction experts to cut down nicotine use for chronic smokers.
Reaping about 125.14 million dollars as of 2019, e-cigarettes have successfully taken over thousands of stores and shops, adding to the ever-increasing demand for these products. Most of the frequent users were of the younger demographic, aged between late teens and early thirties.
The Problem With Traditional Cigarettes:
The problem with cigarettes is not the cigarettes themselves, but the ingredients inside them called nicotine. Generally, the term everyone knows is tobacco, but the chemical composition inside is referred to as nicotine, capable of supercharging a brain, making smokers highly addictive. Due to such high levels of addiction, smoking is usually frowned upon in the current society, and the governments have formed strict regulations regarding the distribution and sales of these products. You can buy it from any Tobacco store online. However, there are more severe cases which are listed down below:
- Tobacco has carcinogenic compounds and induces cancer in chronic smokers.
- Various heart diseases are frequent in regular smokers, with critical conditions like stroke and cardiac arrests highly common.
- Serious cases of arthritis and lung diseases have also been reported throughout Australia’s general population, a majority of which are frequent smokers.
- Emphysema and diabetes are also not far behind as symptoms of regular smoking.
Why E-Cigarettes Will Triumph Over Traditional Ones?
- Less Addictive Tendencies: Due to less nicotine content, e-cigarettes aren’t as addictive as regular cigarettes. As a result, addiction therapists recommend vaping devices for those looking to cut down on their habits.
- Free To Use Anywhere: Aesthetically designed e-cigarettes like those of Innokin and their models are free to be used anywhere and within limits across the country. Regular cigarettes are banned from use in many public places, institutions, religious areas and parks. Many areas charge fines for the practice, and failure to comply usually involves serious punishments like a written ticket or even jail time.
- Not Looked Down Upon: As mentioned before, the practice of smoking is frowned upon by society, and many addiction wellness groups downright condemn it. People don’t necessarily see it as a disgusting practice. However, there’s no such stigma surrounding vaping devices, and for the most part, they are even promoted and accepted.
- No Vile Side Effects: Stained teeth, discolouration of the gums and bad odour are some of the most common side effects for regular smokers. The areas affected are also prone to cancer tendencies with prolonged exposure. The symptoms can even creep down into the lungs and bronchioles, cutting oxygen supplies to vital tissues and cells.