Some entrepreneurs start a company in the UAE not just because this is an excellent country for business: they want to relocate there with their families by obtaining a residence permit. However, there are many of those who want to register a company without relocation, and there is a new offer for them in 2023: a virtual license and a virtual office! This is a lawful way to run your business on a remote basis, and you can benefit from it.
If you want to read more details, please visit our portal to see an article on how to start a business in the UAE remotely and obtain a virtual license. You will also find a lot of other interesting posts on our portal which is fully devoted to international business, banking, and investment. You will find a lot of practical information on the UAE as this is a popular destination for business due to its supportive environment, excellent infrastructure, and numerous free zones.
Most entrepreneurs starting a business in a foreign country need professional assistance, and we have a team of highly-qualified experts who will help you successfully launch your undertaking in the Emirates. We will help you for free in some aspects – for example, we will not offer any products or services to you until we thoroughly analyze your situation and help you make a choice. However, you can delegate all the administrative issues to us at a modest fee and enjoy a seamless experience.
Table of Contents
Virtual Office: Helping Your Business Thrive
A physical office is a mandatory requirement for entrepreneurs in Dubai (which entails utility bills and hiring employees), and most business owners would like to avoid these costs. There is a smart solution, however: you can now rent a virtual office in Dubai to comply with the requirement of having a legal and a correspondence address for the company. Cut your costs and grow your business worldwide!
Why Rent a Virtual Office in Dubai?
Dubai is a globally recognized business and investment center where people flock to live and work. It has wide connections with numerous countries all over the world, and it is from here that you can easily jump to the huge global market. What is more, Dubai has numerous free zones that are designed especially for non-resident entrepreneurs: they offer tax and other benefits to foreign businesses.
If you get a virtual office in Dubai, you will easily run your company from any part of the world. Here are the perks of the virtual office for foreign entrepreneurs:
- You will fulfill the legal address requirement at a lower cost
- You will have a mailing address, and the messages will be successfully forwarded to the place of your current stay
- You will be able to use a phone number/voicemail
- If you need conference rooms and customer service points, they will be provided to you upon demand
- You can get all the administrative services you need
- You can use virtual customer support and remote call centers
How a Virtual Office Will Help You
If you want to avoid the mandatory requirement of renting a physical space, you can opt for a virtual office that will help you:
- Cut the costs of rent, utilities, and payroll
- Get a tailored solution as you can choose various services/packages and create the virtual workspace you need
- Get a legal low-cost solution: a virtual office is available for some business sectors and is restricted to non-resident business owners
- Keep your image and reputation high as you will have a lawful company address that will allow you to carry out business activities in different countries
However, the first step to take before you get a virtual office is to receive a virtual license.
Obtaining a Virtual License
You get a virtual license to have an official right to carry out your business activities in Dubai without renting a physical office. It is only granted by the Dubai Department of Economic Development and Tourism for some kinds of companies with foreign ownership. A virtual license gives you the right to take advantage of the same tax relief and incentives as other free zone companies.
A virtual license is a great solution for small businesses with a limited starting capital that need to cut costs as much as possible as they can conduct their activities from anywhere in the world and enjoy the same rights and privileges as physical free zone dwellers.
We can help you get a virtual license in one of the two emirates that issue them (Abu Dhabi and Dubai). Click on the above link to book a session!
Who Is Entitled to Obtain a Virtual License in Dubai?
Here are the main requirements for those who would like to get a virtual office and license:
- A company founder is required to be a citizen and a tax resident of one of 120 approved countries.
- There are some approved business categories that can get virtual licenses. These include advertising, publishing and book printing; all kinds of IT services, including consultancy and software development; fashion/jewelry/interior design; and some others.
- Your business income is taxable in the country of residence. However, if the annual income exceeds 100,000 US dollars, you will need to register with the local tax authority and pay a VAT at a rate of 5%.
Keep in mind that a virtual license does not entitle you to obtain a UAE visa of any kind (residency, tourist, or business) or take advantage of local banking services. Still, you can use DubaiStore.com, an online marketplace in Dubai.
If you need to open a corporate account for your company, feel free to contact our experts and find the best solution.
Virtual Office and License in Abu Dhabi: Peculiarities
Abu Dhabi provides more virtual opportunities for foreign entrepreneurs than Dubai as it is a place where you can launch an undertaking in 13 economic sectors, which include manufacturing, agriculture, retail and wholesale trade, service industries, import/export activities, and so on.
If you want to get a virtual office in Abu Dhabi, you will need to establish a Limited Liability Company or get the status of a sole proprietor.
Keep in mind that you cannot obtain a virtual license if you are a UAE tax resident.
Do you need help in obtaining a virtual office/license in the UAE? Please get in touch with us by clicking on the above link. You can use a live chat for your convenience. A UAE business is just a click away from you!