Hookahs have been around for centuries and are enjoyed by people worldwide. Based on age group, the 30 to 50 years segment accounted for around 27.3 percent market share of hookah tobacco in 2020.
But what is in a hookah? What kinds of tobacco can be smoked in them? And can smoking hookah cause health problems?
This article will answer all your questions and more. It will discuss some hookah myths that often circulate on the internet. So if you’re curious about this ancient smoking tradition, keep reading.
The essential ingredient in any hookah session is tobacco. There are many different brands and flavors of hookah tobacco on the market. Some of them are explained below:
- a) Fumari tobacco – Fumari tobaccos are hand-packed and available in various flavor profiles. They contain no dyes, chemicals, or preservatives.
- b) Starbuzz tobacco – Starbuzz tobaccos are available in over 50 different flavors. They are made with natural and artificial flavors, glycerin, and honey.
- c) Al Fakher tobacco – Al Fakher tobaccos are made in the United Arab Emirates. They’re very popular in the United States, where they’re served with nuts or crackers and are often called by their name: humbugs.
- d) Tangiers tobacco – Tangiers tobaccos are made in the USA. They are scorched and produce a lot of smoke. They come in many flavors, including Fruity, Citrus, Minty, and Spicey.
2) What are the Parts of a Hookah?
- a) The Bowl – This is where you put the tobacco. It is usually made of clay, metal, or glass. You can choose the size of the bowl, depending on how much tobacco you want to smoke.
Clay is ideal for beginners. Glass is good because you can see how much tobacco you smoke. Metal is the most popular type of bowl.
- b) The Hose – This is what you’re smoking out of. It’s composed of plastic, rubber, or leather. You can choose the color, style, and length of your hose.
- c) The Charcoal – If you’re using natural charcoal, it will be made of compressed coconut husks. It is what lights your tobacco and keeps it lit.
3) How Do You Set Up The Hookah?
- a) Fill the vase with water – You’ll want to use cold water, so your tobacco doesn’t burn. The level of water should be about an inch below the downstem.
- b) Put your tobacco in the bowl – Make sure you pack it in tightly but don’t overpack. Use a poker to pack it down if necessary.
- c) Place the bowl on the stem – Make sure the bowl is screwed on tight.
- d) Put the hoses on – If you’re using more than one hose, make sure they’re all airtight.
- e) Light your charcoal – You’ll want to use natural lump charcoal. Put the lit charcoal on top of the foil.
- f) Sit back, relax, and enjoy the smooth flavor of your hookah tobacco.
Once you know what is in a hookah, it is essential to buy hookahs from reputed online dealers. They offer a wide range of hookahs, shisha tobacco, and accessories.
Hookah smoking is an ancient tradition that millions of people have enjoyed for centuries. It is a social activity that people of all ages can enjoy.