It’s difficult to gage precisely what jobs will be replaced in the forthcoming years, but it’s fair to assume that security professionals will be in high demand for the foreseeable future. While advanced security systems have their value, they will never substitute a cool and experienced professional ready to deal with tense and threatening situations. Security officers are the first responders to onsite emergencies and competent to save lives with their alert thinking and technical skills. They ensure the safety of the people, defuse tense situations and safeguard buildings and monuments.
As the 21st century continues to unfold, many individuals are contemplating a career in the security domain for the purpose of attaining a stable income or having a dream job. Security is an ever-present part of our daily lives and has eventually evolved into a multi-billion dollar industry in Australia. According to Australian Governments’ Job Outlook Service, it is estimated that the security industry in Australia is worth over $ 8.5 billion, comprising $ 4.5 billion in manpower. Over 170,000 personnel are employed annually.
Individuals and business establishment’s today need security more than ever to protect assets, people and property. Scores of dedicated and skilled security professionals are eyed upon by employers in Australia and choosing the right qualification and formal training will reward you with bountiful career opportunities.
Are you committed towards making a career in security and wondering how to acquire a security licence? Let’s know more.
To become a security guard, you must undertake training requirements of the state you wish to work in. Formal training in security is acquired from a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). Licensing requirements vary from state to state, so you’ll need to check with the regulator in the state you intend to work.
- Acquire a qualification, the Certificate II in Security Operations. You’ll study safety awareness, self- defense techniques, staff professionalism, your legal rights and obligations, and crowd control.
- Apply for a security licence. Some employers will require you to have further documentation and certification before commencing work. For instance, you may be asked to have a Working with Children Check.
- Upskill for better employment opportunities, such as security risk management or for bodyguard roles. The more qualifications and licenses you possess, the more employable you’ll be.
Step Into Training Services (SITS), is one of the leading and most trusted Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia which offers the CPP20128 Certificate II in Security Operations. This entry level vocational course is delivered at our campus located in Brisbane. Our trainers with a wealth of industry experience will help to bring your course to life so you’ll experience what it really means to work in the industry. Security training at SITS is a combination of theoretical and practical sessions- such as role plays and stimulation learning- to effectively teach and train you in the responsibilities of a security guard.
This Certificate II in Security Operations will qualify you for further advanced security courses. At SITS we offer affordable, accredited vocational training and knowledge for the most in-demand profession in Australia. Here, you’ll get a chance to connect and learn from industry veterans, participate in interactive and information sessions, gain hands-on experience and obtain a nationally recognised qualification making you job ready graduate. Upon completing a Certificate II in Security Operations you’ll be entitled to apply for your security licence in Brisbane to work in the following fields: aviation, casinos, nightclubs, hotels, institutions, major events, guarding and monitoring. This qualification is intended to align with valued occupational titles like Security Officer, Crowd Controller and Unarmed Guard ready to work all across Australia.
APPLY FOR A SECURITY LICENCE
- On completion of the Certificate II in Security Operations, you can apply for a licence from the appropriate regulator in your state or territory. (Each state and territory has their own licensing requirements and regulator). You must obtain a National Police Certificate and hold a current Provide First Aid Certificate.
- Students need to be at least 18 years of age, have no recorded or qualifying offense within the past ten years and be able to pass a language and numeracy test.
When applying for employment the fact that you’ve chosen SITS for your training will give you an edge over others as we are renowned in the industry for the high quality training, industry connections and placement assistance we provide. Great employment opportunities through our network of licensed security agents, makes graduates of SITS, highly preferred by the industry. Feeling intrigued? Earn your Certificate II in Security Operations at Brisbane and apply for your security licence.