Couplings, gear trains, and v-belt drives API is studied to learn about the different ways prime movers or drivers are connected to driven equipment, the special advantages and problems of each of the different ways, and the adjustment and preventive maintenance of different types of coupling equipment.
Also Read: Automobile clutch functions and types
What You Will Learn in Couplings, Gear Trains, and V-Belt Drives API
In Section 1, you will learn about the causes and control of misalignment, end float, and surges in torque, and about the different basic types of rigid and flexible couplings.
In Section 2, you will review briefly some of the physical principles of power transmission, and learn the relationship of speed and torque as different forms of power. You will learn about simple and compound gear trains, and how gear trains may be used as speed changers or torque increasers. You will learn about spur, helical, double-helical, bevel, and worm gears, and the uses of each. You will learn about gear lubrication and about handling the shock loads that your equipment applies to gears.
In Section 3 you will learn about the construction and uses of the different types of single and multiple V-belt drives, the use of V-belt drives as speed changers, the adjustment and replacement of V-belts, and the control of slippage.
Couplings, Gear Trains, and V-Belt Drives API
- An Introduction to Power Transmission
- Transferring Force from One Machine to Another
- How Machines Are Connected To Each Other
- Rigid Couplings
- How Shaft Alignment Is Maintained
- How Machines Become Misaligned
- Flexible Couplings
- Gear Couplings
- Torque and Torque-Cushioning Couplings
- Couplings with Removable Centres
- Lubrication of Couplings
- Gear Trains
- How Gears Affect Power
- Why Gears Are Used
- Compound Gear Trains
- Gear Trains for High -Torque Loads
- Gears for Parallel Shafts
- Gears for Perpendicular Shafts
- Shock Loads
- V-Belt Drives
- V-Belt Drives Can Be Used as Speed Changers
- Variable-Speed V-Belt Drives
- V-Belt Slippage
- How V-Belts Are Constructed
- Belt Replacement
- The V-Belt Drive in Operation
Click the button below to download the couplings, gear trains, and v-belt drives API. Please do contact us if you find any difficulty while downloading the API.