Have you ever wondered what a regular Friday night would look like without the involvement of entertainment apps and social media? Well, it definitely would be dull, and hours would come at a standstill.
The world is void without entertainment, and if there is anything Canadians love more than Poutine, it is a good dose of entertainment! We exist at a time when we deal with stress all day. Towards the end of the night, we are drained and in need of some major entertainment.
Of course, the most widely used entertainment platform is the smartphone. With a smartphone, you have access to all kinds of entertainment. If you are in the mood for a movie, you can easily stream it on Netflix. If you want to watch your favorite team, just watch match updates or live streaming or place a friendly wager on a betting site.
If you are a developer, this is the ideal time to capitalize on entertainment. Read on to know how you can create the best entertainment apps for Canadians!
How to create entertainment apps for Canadians?
A lot of thought and production has to go behind creating entertainment apps. As a business owner or marketer, you need to research the different profitable entertainment methods that can be enjoyed through an app and prove beneficial for your business.
Millions of people use entertainment apps every day, and thousands of apps cater to their needs. In such a steep market, how can you make sure that your app stands out?
As an app developer, your first goal is to conceptualize an app that will keep your user engaged and logged in at all times. To do this, here are a few steps you need to keep in mind.
- Figure out what kind of app you want to build
As we said, the market is saturated with all kinds of entertainment apps. There are several possibilities to choose from before developing an entertainment app. The best entertainment apps ideas are:
- Streaming: Streaming apps are among the most successful entertainment apps. Apps like Netflix, AppleTV+, Amazon Prime, etc., provide users with unlimited options for streaming their favorite movies and tv shows.
- Media/News: Apps like these attract a niche audience interested in knowing what’s happening around the world. Even though the target demographic is relatively specific with news apps, they attract users across all age groups. These apps can be informational and engaging at the same time.
- Gaming/Betting: The gaming industry was the biggest winner of the pandemic and Canadians love ice hockey or sports in general for that matter. There are millions of gambling platforms in the market, but users are always looking for new ones. In fact, Canadians love betting on their favourite teams, which is why most online betting sites today have launched their own apps on the AppStore and PlayStore. If you can conceptualize a unique idea, you will be looking at massive revenue in no time.
- Music: Music apps are the most used entertainment apps in the world. Everyone loves music, and apps make music accessible. Therefore, creating a music streaming platform with premium features is always a good idea.
- Design is key
Once you have figured out which app you want to build, it’s time for action. Design is the pillar behind building a good entertainment app. Make sure that you condition your mindset to focus around the user experience and not just the business goals. Remember that content is at the heart of entertainment apps. Thus, keep decorative elements subtle yet remarkable.
- Enhanced performance
Entertainment apps for smartphones only perform well if the app performance is stellar. These days, Canadians are surrounded by extreme workloads. After a long day, they are looking for apps that are convenient to use. No one has the patience to even wait for 2 mins and let the app load. Therefore, if your app is slow, your customer will find something else to do.
To prevent this from happening, run quality assurance tests and work with UX designs that are familiar.
- First Impression
More than 23% of users abandon an app after the first use if they don’t find it amusing. As an app developer, your primary aim should be to build an app that makes an incredible first impression on your users. You can start with a guided tutorial that gives an overview of what your app offers and how it’s different from other apps. Also, while designing the app, try to make it simple yet attractive.
- Easy on-boarding
The registration process to an app must be swift and convenient. One needs to make sure that the process of logging into their app is simple.
You can also optimize the registration process so that users can directly login using their Google account or Apple account. This will make things effortless, and your user will like using your apps.
- Interacting with customers
Your work is not done even after you have finished building your app. Once your app is launched into the market, you need to find ways to connect with the user. The best time to do so will be when the user has completed an in-app event. Then you can send them information about upcoming events, offers, incentive programs, and so on.
You can also have your users subscribe to a monthly newsletter. The more your interact with your users, the more it will enhance customer experience, and your app will generate revenue.
- Building the brand
Last but not least, it is important to build your brand. Your brand is your identity, and it is what your users know you by. The focus of your brand should be prioritizing your user’s expectations and solving their problems. Your relationship with your consumers determines how long you will survive in the market and how successful your app will be.
Obviously, brand recognition doesn’t happen in one day. It will take time to get there; meanwhile, you can work on making your app better.
This was everything you needed to know about building entertainment apps for Canadians! Good luck!